Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will my documents be back in time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Will my documents be back in time? Reply with quote

USPS confirmed the delivery of the CRC application 12/16. I know this takes roughly 8-12 weeks but, does anyone who has submitted theirs recently have a better timeline?

Also, My contract states I'll begin mid Feb, the school told me to not worry so much about the start date though because it's flexible. What is a timeline for being in Korea at my school. Would the end of February be cutting it close?
Jazzg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took exactly 8 weeks.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took 9-10 weeks. Then another couple days to get it apostilled. Then one week for the documents to arrive in Korea....then almost 3 weeks for Korean Immigration to issue me a Visa number and then another week + to get the Visa issued.

That's the time line of my very recent ordeal. You'll be cutting it close yes.
cynthiaebarrett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Hello there Reply with quote

There is hope. My documents were delivered to the FBI on December 12, 2013, and I received the CRC on December 23. On the night of Dec 12, I sent a polite email to my congressperson explaining the issue and including my tracking number. One week later his assistant called me to say she would call the FBI on my behalf and see if they could expedite the record check. She got back to me the next day to explain that unfortunately the FBI could not expedite requests and it would still take 8-10 months to arrive. One week later it was, quite miraculously, in my mailbox. It seems that the FBI is not technically allowed to take such requests, but may do so anyway when prompted by a congressperson.
alljokingaside

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not doing myself any favors here, but

http://www.fbi.gov/news/news_blog/expedited-background-checks

eg http://camp.house.gov/constituentservices/casework/ https://gutierrez.house.gov/serving-you/help-federal-agency

GL
pignolia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took almost exactly 7 weeks to arrive. I counted from the day it was delivered to their facility in November.
teaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two recruiters also recommended using a channeler but, according to Dave's and google Korean immigration is going to veto my CRC if I use a channeler. Has anyone successfully used a channeler to obtain their CRC?
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being ready by mid February is likely a no go, unless you have the CBC apostilled in person in Washington.
SeoulESLteacher09

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for people who have just recently sent their FBI CBC to get an apostille.....how long did it take to get it back?

In the past people would say 2-3 weeks....The website says 5-7 days to process after it arrives in the office. Is it really coming back that quick?
pignolia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 days from the day it was delivered to their facility, back to my front door. Smile

Long version: My apostilled Fed CBC was shipped back to me exactly 3 business days from the day it was listed in their system as officially 'received' (which was 3 business days after it was delivered to their facility).

I sent a prepaid 2-day FedEx envelope and since the delivery/processing time fell across 2 different weekends the time from the day it was delivered to their facility then back to my front door was 11 days total.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: