Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D10 to E2: what is the procedure?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: D10 to E2: what is the procedure? Reply with quote

..does anyone know what pieces of paper are needed for someone changing back to an E2 from a D10?.

What are the requirements exactly?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: D10 to E2: what is the procedure? Reply with quote

Chaparrastique wrote:
..does anyone know what pieces of paper are needed for someone changing back to an E2 from a D10?.

The same as E2 to E2 transfer or extension (for immigration):

ARC
passport
new contract
new employer business registration (copy)
new employer guarantee (sponsorship form)
application
fees (should be about 120k won with the new increases in fees).

IF you are going to a public school then as an employer and as a condition of employment (different from immigration) they may also ask for other documentation (resume, cover letter, references, new CBC and new degree copy).

Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply...
lazarordgz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaparrastique wrote:

ARC
passport
new contract
application

***QUESTION***
Who usually pays the immigration fees? Employer or Employee?
I have already worked in Korea, so it's not my first contract. I am transferring from a D-10 to an E-2 (hagwon).

Thanks
Troglodyte

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazarordgz wrote:
Chaparrastique wrote:

***QUESTION***
Who usually pays the immigration fees? Employer or Employee?
I have already worked in Korea, so it's not my first contract. I am transferring from a D-10 to an E-2 (hagwon).

Thanks

It could be either. It think that it's more common for the employer to pay them but not always. Legally, it's your responsibility. It's like getting the the first ARC. It's your responsibility but more often than not the employer does the paper work (for you) and pays for it.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me very quickly if a completed hospital health check is required to switch from D10 to E2?

I was going to go to Immigration to make the switch today, then suddenly someone at my school was told by someone on the 1345 phone line I needed to bring a health check. But I haven't heard or read that anywhere on this board or elsewhere I've found details about the transfer process.

EDIT: And of course the immigration line has been busy for me all afternoon.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on my recent experience:

My school made me wait for the health check but I don't think Immigration actually required it. The attendant seemed puzzled when I handed it to her.

They DID ask me for proof of residence at my new apartment, which I didn't expect. But I just arrived and hadn't paid any bills yet...so...luckily my co-teacher was with me and signed some form. That might have been the Sponsorship form ttompatz mentioned?

130,000won in fees: 30000 - new ARC. 100,000 - 'Revenue' stamps. Cash.

Key info learned:
Waiting time does not seem to be standard, but rather directly proportional to their workload the day you apply. In the past, when there was no one there besides me, I walked out with a new ARC, 25 minutes all said.
When there were 800+ (they stopped giving tickets after that) people waiting as was my experience in Suwon Immigration recently, you should expect a significant waiting period. I was told it will be a month. When I expressed surprise the attendant made a gesture encompassing the crush of humanity.

Maybe that isn't news to other people. I originally was under the impression the waiting period was for everything to be processed in Seoul though.

Lastly, if you're going to Suwon Immigration, for the love of God make an internet reservation.

(Edit: I also had all the other required docs. I just discussed the notable elements here.)
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: D10 to E2: what is the procedure? Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Chaparrastique wrote:

ARC
passport
new contract
application

IF you are going to a public school then as an employer and as a condition of employment (different from immigration) they may also ask for other documentation (resume, cover letter, references, new CBC and new degree copy).

I should add that they also ask for:

1. A copy of your housing/ accommodation contract
2. Your work timetable including number of hours per week.
3. A passport photo.
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

** ANOTHER QUESTION** (seems appropriate doing it here instead of a new thread)

If I am offered a position in the time my D-10 visa is being processed, what is the procedure for stopping and beginning the processing of an E-2 visa? Or is it even possible?

Seeing as the visa processing time has increased recently, I think this is a likely event for a lot of us that are looking for jobs on a transfer/D-10.

Thanks
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:

If I am offered a position in the time my D-10 visa is being processed, what is the procedure for stopping and beginning the processing of an E-2 visa? Or is it even possible?

Seeing as the visa processing time has increased recently, I think this is a likely event for a lot of us that are looking for jobs on a transfer/D-10.

Thanks

I would say either wait till ARC is returned then apply. Keeping mom from immigration of any time spent working under the table. Just do not let it go too long.

or

Trying just applying with immigration and informing them your ARC is being processed. Yet expect confusion and running around as the situation is a little bit out of norm. I think with some patience immigration could figure things out but you could expect a trip or two to come back.
le-paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:

Thanks

I would say either wait till ARC is returned then apply. Keeping mom from immigration of any time spent working under the table. Just do not let it go too long.

or

Trying just applying with immigration and informing them your ARC is being processed. Yet expect confusion and running around as the situation is a little bit out of norm. I think with some patience immigration could figure things out but you could expect a trip or two to come back.

I sort of got that impression today when I called, she said its possible to interrupt a process but was unclear how to go about it. Seems like it would cause some confusion unless I could stop it right now ('its probably just sitting on his desk the next few days, anyway' she said).

Thanks very much Skippy
Skippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:

Thanks

or

I sort of got that impression today when I called, she said its possible to interrupt a process but was unclear how to go about it. Seems like it would cause some confusion unless I could stop it right now ('its probably just sitting on his desk the next few days, anyway' she said).

Thanks very much Skippy

I was under the impression that a D10 was granted that day by immi. But processing some of the ARCs takes time. Sometimes they have to make a new card.

Am I wrong? Does a D-10 take a few days to grant?

So in the in between time things are sort of in limbo. Have you applied already? Are you waiting on a card?
wanderkind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:
Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:

Thanks

or

Thanks very much Skippy

I was under the impression that a D10 was granted that day by immi. But processing some of the ARCs takes time. Sometimes they have to make a new card.

So in the in between time things are sort of in limbo. Have you applied already? Are you waiting on a card?

Is there a mechanism in place to check your visa status? To confirm whether it was already changed or not? I tried to use the 'Visa certification confirmation' to do so on HiKorea, but I wasn't able to find it / it wouldn't accept my info to register (if it was in some Member-only zone).
le-paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:
Skippy wrote:
le-paul wrote:

Thanks

or

Thanks very much Skippy

I dont know. The best I can do is call them tomorrow (when its more likely the process has started) and ask them for my visa number. Ill message back here when I find out and let you know.

It does say on the 'certificate of application' however that my current status is 'E2'.
le-paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello (Skippy),

I just called the immigration office to check on the status of my application. They said I am D-10. I checked and they said the ARC number is the same.

So it seems that youre just sort of in Limbo as it moves from the desk to the system (a day or two at most and if you were to contact immigration, you could just cancel the D-10 application as it wouldnt have started). You were right, the rest of the time is waiting for the physical card to come through.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: