Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There's this question on the EPIK application.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grant gerstners

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: There's this question on the EPIK application. Reply with quote

One question on the EPIK application is: "Are you currently an applicant of any other teaching program?"

Do you suppose the answer to that question had better be "no"?

Or do you suppose it would be okay to apply to EPIK and some other public school program at the same time (and put a "yes" for the answer, along with the name of the other program)?

What do you think?
cazzy3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put 'no'. If they know you are applying to many different jobs, they'll be more likely to take someone else. They likely want someone who is 100 percent committed to their program instead of someone 'shopping' around for the best job.
grant gerstners

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: multiple recruiters vs multiple applications Reply with quote

Thanks so much for that reply.

How about this approach: Contacting several recruiters (on the basis of one past successful experience with one recruiter, along with reports from personal friends of successful placement with other recruiters).

Then,
1. after having then made connections and multiple on-line applications with several recruiters, and
2. then when a single appealing placement is offered (hopefully after a solid interview)---

only then, committing to the one recruiter to aim for that placement.

In that situation, I would think it is still honest to answer "no" to the question: "Are you currently an applicant of any other teaching program?"

i.e. until a recruiter gives me a solid offer for a placement, I should go ahead and feel free to make numerous on-line applications.

I'm just trying to get opinions here on whether my thinking is sound, or if I should think about this in a different way.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: There's this question on the EPIK application. Reply with quote

grant gerstners wrote:
One question on the EPIK application is: "Are you currently an applicant of any other teaching program?"

Do you suppose the answer to that question had better be "no"?

Yes, it better be no. Why would they want to waste time on someone who says yes, even though applying for many jobs at the same time is the right thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: