Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Costco update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dairyairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okok wrote:
does anyone know where to get the fage (sp?) greek yogurt besides yangjae? the sangbong and yangpyong locations do not seem to have it.

There are two other Costco locations in the Seoul area. They are the last two built, and opened, and both are larger than the other locations around Seoul. So, they sometimes have more items available. Check them out.

Ilsan
http://www.costco.co.kr/eng/locations/ilsan/index.html

Gwangmyeong
http://www.costco.co.kr/eng/locations/gwangmyeong/index.html
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't check the dairy section, but they did have US sized Calvin Klein men's boxers and Kirkland white t shirts at the Gwangmyung Costco, so any L and XL guys, you may want to check it out.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
Pro tip: ask for packets of relish at the counter and it adds a special something to the whole mix. They used to leave them out, but people were taking them home.

On a related note, I once saw a woman and her elderly mom mix up a huge plate of the stuff, divide it into two portions and put them into plastic bags, and put the bags in their purses before leaving. Nasty.

They sometimes ask for foil wrap at the pizza pickup window to take home the onions and mustard. You see people wearing nice clothes, with full shopping carts doing it and they're obviously not poor. They could buy plenty of onions and mustard. So, why do they do it? Is it a status thing? Getting one over on "The Man" by loading up on onions and mustard?

You can take em off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of them. Weird and primitive sometimes.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan Rogers wrote:
E Mart Traders sells a lot of items that Costco does. Their prices are competitive. Lots of cheeses, meats and soft drinks similarly priced. They even have a food court that sells Costco like pizza/hotdogs/chicken bakes etc.

Costco only accepts cash, samsung or amex cards. Other stores accept all cards. Other stores like E mart and Home Plus offer many credit card benefits that Costco does not.

Costco is no shopping paradise, but for many foreigners its the only one they know.

I was curious about this place. E Mart traders. How is their pizza? Do they taste like Costco's or is it bad Korean style pizza? Do you have a membership for it too? Next time I go to Seoul, I'll take a tour of one just out of curiosity.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Stan Rogers wrote:
E Mart Traders sells a lot of items that Costco does. Their prices are competitive. Lots of cheeses, meats and soft drinks similarly priced. They even have a food court that sells Costco like pizza/hotdogs/chicken bakes etc.

Costco only accepts cash, samsung or amex cards. Other stores accept all cards. Other stores like E mart and Home Plus offer many credit card benefits that Costco does not.

Costco is no shopping paradise, but for many foreigners its the only one they know.

I was curious about this place. E Mart traders. How is their pizza? Do they taste like Costco's or is it bad Korean style pizza? Do you have a membership for it too? Next time I go to Seoul, I'll take a tour of one just out of curiosity.

Never tried their pizza. No membership required.
Jodami

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mart pizza sucks. Do yourself a big favor and avoid.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of that Swiss Miss, that is much cheaper at Costco than at other stores, sounds good with the upcoming bad weather!
sojusucks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwa wrote:
Sojusucks & wylies & dairyairy are the same guy. Wasnt that always evident?

I didn't know that I was wylies and dairyairy. Do I have multiple personalities? Seriously, I am a separate identity from these other two.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jodami wrote:
E-mart pizza sucks. Do yourself a big favor and avoid.

It used to be good but the size and quality have both declined recently. The Costco pizza remains the best, for the price.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
I didn't check the dairy section, but they did have US sized Calvin Klein men's boxers and Kirkland white t shirts at the Gwangmyung Costco, so any L and XL guys, you may want to check it out.

They're expensive at 36,000 for 3, but they are good quality and they last a long time.
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

They're expensive at 36,000 for 3, but they are good quality and they last a long time.

When I read your Costco comments I think about how empty your life must be in order for you to be excited about what a store sells or what kind of french fries McDonald's has.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

When I read your Costco comments I think about how empty your life must be in order for you to be excited about what a store sells or what kind of french fries McDonald's has.

Just sharing information. That's supposed to be the benefit of a board like this.

But then there are always trolls who just gotta flame the BBQ brisket and the curly fries. How bad are things for you that you can't appreciate BBQ brisket and curly fries?
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

They were on sale for about 25k for the 3 pairs of boxers.
archaeologist5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
archaeologist5 wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:

Just sharing information. That's supposed to be the benefit of a board like this.

But then there are always trolls who just gotta flame the BBQ brisket and the curly fries. How bad are things for you that you can't appreciate BBQ brisket and curly fries?

I was at McDonald's yesterday and I saw those curly fries. How can anyone get excited about those things? There wasn't enough fries for the money you paid. I certainly do not think they are a better eating experience than regular fries would be.

Just the same, we are talking McDonald's and Costco here. I do not see anything exciting about either of them.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding Calvin Klein boxers that fit my very tall husband is exciting to me. Being able to get whole wheat tortillas and organic salsa, staples in my household, while not exciting, is important.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: