Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The church dude who screams at people in Itaewon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
young_clinton



Joined: 09 Sep 2009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
Is it the same fella who always stood outside Burger King (back when it was opposite Geckos) with the "Bush=666" signs?


I doubt if anybody in Korea would relate to the "George Bush is the Antichrist" scene.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oatmeal



Joined: 26 Nov 2013

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you complaining about ONE GUY who screams in itaewon about people going to hell if they don't repent and accept Jesus?

I'd rather have that than say thousands of radical muslims who rally and protest in the UK, France, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Norway regularly on the streets chanting, "Down with EUROPE", "Islam will DOMINATE THE WORLD", "BEHEAD all those who insult the Prophet Muhammad or the Koran", "DOWN with DEMOCRARCY, SHARIA for UK/France/xxxx country name."

Just be glad that we don't have that sort of lunacy going on in the streets of Seoul........for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
young_clinton



Joined: 09 Sep 2009

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oatmeal wrote:
"BEHEAD all those who insult the Prophet Muhammad or the Koran", "DOWN with DEMOCRARCY, SHARIA for UK/France/xxxx country name."



If their immigration is recent, off to a Muslim country of their choice they should go, never to return or be allowed back. If it is not recent, well.......then they probably aren't doing that. This scabies cannot be allowed to spread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weigookin74



Joined: 26 Oct 2009

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Korean dude scream hello at me over and over at the top of the stairs at the subway exit. Then yesterday evening I had some old woman approach me across the street from What the book ask me for an hour together or for sex or something like that. (...and she was far from pretty.) That place does attract it's weirdos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catman



Joined: 18 Jul 2004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oatmeal wrote:
why are you complaining about ONE GUY who screams in itaewon about people going to hell if they don't repent and accept Jesus?

I'd rather have that than say thousands of radical muslims who rally and protest in the UK, France, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Norway regularly on the streets chanting, "Down with EUROPE", "Islam will DOMINATE THE WORLD", "BEHEAD all those who insult the Prophet Muhammad or the Koran", "DOWN with DEMOCRARCY, SHARIA for UK/France/xxxx country name."

Just be glad that we don't have that sort of lunacy going on in the streets of Seoul........for now.


Yeah, the Muslims in Itaewan tend to keep to themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RangerMcGreggor



Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere in Korea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Had a Korean dude scream hello at me over and over at the top of the stairs at the subway exit. Then yesterday evening I had some old woman approach me across the street from What the book ask me for an hour together or for sex or something like that. (...and she was far from pretty.) That place does attract it's weirdos.


I remember walking out of Seoul Pub and that lady screamed at me "Hey! Let's have some sex!"

Very awkward
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
knee-highs



Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Location: yes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RangerMcGreggor wrote:
Weigookin74 wrote:
Had a Korean dude scream hello at me over and over at the top of the stairs at the subway exit. Then yesterday evening I had some old woman approach me across the street from What the book ask me for an hour together or for sex or something like that. (...and she was far from pretty.) That place does attract it's weirdos.


I remember walking out of Seoul Pub and that lady screamed at me "Hey! Let's have some sex!"

Very awkward


So strange. Are they really so hard up for money that they need to learn a few English phrases just to make a dollar? Sad that is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International