Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From Busan to Seoul - Sell me on Seoul?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginormousaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: From Busan to Seoul - Sell me on Seoul? Reply with quote

archaeologist5 wrote:
Daniel1981 wrote:
After 3 years in beautiful Busan, I'm moving off to Seoul to live and work in 2 weeks..

I really love Busan, and Haeundae where I live..

So, I'm looking for some good points about Seoul. What do you love about Seoul, what areas in Seoul do you really like, how does the Han River stack up in terms of view / waterside jogging..

Basically, trying to get pumped up about the move.. I don't know much about Seoul, so right now it's hard to get excited..

You are not coming to work for me so I do not care if you are excited about Seoul or not. I would care more if you were excited about teaching your students and looking to do your job well.

WTF is wrong with you?
Ginormousaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: From Busan to Seoul - Sell me on Seoul? Reply with quote

I'm With You wrote:

OP,

How old are you!

"sell me on Seoul" - it's not anyone else's job to help you feel better about moving to a new place.

WTF is wrong with you?
JFP2020

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of negativity here, so I feel compelled to chip in.

First of, I really like Busan. I have never lived there, but I have visited 7-8 times and always liked the fact that it is a big city but a bit more relaxed than Seoul, and, of course, has a beach.

The great thing about Seoul, though, is there is basically an infinite amount of new bars and restaurants to try, with new ones always springing up. As one example, I cannot stress how much improved the local beer scene is for instance. From almost nothing but Cass and Hite a few years ago, there are now easily over a dozen craft bars to choose from. If clubs and more raucous bars are your thing, plenty of those, and many more than Busan.

Seoul is a stressful place to live at times, but its enormity is also part of its charm. There are any number of museums and galleries. You have heaps of mountains, and the transport network out of the city is fantastic -- you can start a weekend away in the country past midnight as there are tons of buses out of Seoul at all sorts of times.
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, this will get you pumped up for the move:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up6n1WrB7aE *
*Sponsored by Korea's Ministry of Tourism featuring your favorite Kpop singers! 대박! (^_^)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: