Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Olympics - update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USA's BFF is Saudi Arabia. A nation that executes gays.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
I was waiting for you to show up. Hooliganism is a vague charge. A corrupt state charging others with corruption after they lose patronage, etc. etc. We both know the details already so why go into it.
yeah dude go break into a synagogue in nyc protesting jewish power and see how the state and media treat you.

Quote:
a true liberal democracy

is the death of an ethnic group and culture
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Leon wrote:
I was waiting for you to show up. Hooliganism is a vague charge. A corrupt state charging others with corruption after they lose patronage, etc. etc. We both know the details already so why go into it.
yeah dude go break into a synagogue in nyc protesting jewish power and see how the state and media treat you.

Quote:
a true liberal democracy

is the death of an ethnic group and culture

It's not only P*** Riot that has gotten that ruling. The second one, eh, looking at the state of Russia under its current system and I'd say that you'd have to make a stronger argument than that.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberal democracy, as practiced by the west, is rule by plutocrats and media.

1) media lies to population
2) gov uses consent of misinformed population as justification to do what it wanted to do

^ liberal democracy.

As I've said before, I sincerely hope the Russian state becomes more belligerent, more aggressive and more Traditionalist. No more half assing it. Grab the progressives by their hair and rip them out of all positions of power and influence in the society.
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Liberal democracy, as practiced by the west, is rule by plutocrats and media.

1) media lies to population
2) gov uses consent of misinformed population as justification to do what it wanted to do

^ liberal democracy.

As I've said before, I sincerely hope the Russian state becomes more belligerent, more aggressive and more Traditionalist. No more half assing it. Grab the progressives by their hair and rip them out of all positions of power and influence in the society.

As opposed to what happens in Russia, how? Are you going to try to make the case that Russian media is somehow more transparent and honest in Russia than elsewhere? That would be a hard case to make.

Russia isn't ruled by plutocrats? Look, I agree with you that these are problems, but fail to see how Russia is an example of a country rising above these problems.
Kuros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Titus wrote:
Quote:
opponents of Putin getting locked up on vague charges

care to elaborate?

Putin has once again humiliated the degenerate meddlesome American government with the leaked phone call between Robert Kagan's wife and the ambassador. Putin makes American government look like the autistic violent gorilla it is. That's why American media is pissed off.

For reference:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IXXpzPVVLKY/UiRjKoOknQI/AAAAAAAAAdo/k_MogA4ZIJ0/s1600/medias.png

To sum, Putin diminished the power of the international plutocracy in Russia by targeting the oligarchs and their program of nation wrecking. And that is it. That's why it is all gay all the time re: Russia. And it isn't working. I mean what are limp wrist liberal warriors who read the Huffingon Post or Salon going to do?

I completely agree. The American media elites are friends with the American politicians who provide them access. They have little perspective.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Kuros wrote:
Titus wrote:
Quote:
opponents of Putin getting locked up on vague charges

care to elaborate?

Putin has once again humiliated the degenerate meddlesome American government with the leaked phone call between Robert Kagan's wife and the ambassador. Putin makes American government look like the autistic violent gorilla it is. That's why American media is pissed off.

For reference:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IXXpzPVVLKY/UiRjKoOknQI/AAAAAAAAAdo/k_MogA4ZIJ0/s1600/medias.png

To sum, Putin diminished the power of the international plutocracy in Russia by targeting the oligarchs and their program of nation wrecking. And that is it. That's why it is all gay all the time re: Russia. And it isn't working. I mean what are limp wrist liberal warriors who read the Huffingon Post or Salon going to do?

I completely agree. The American media elites are friends with the American politicians who provide them access. They have little perspective.

The plutocracy employs both the media and the politicians. The media is the propaganda arm and the politic ans the legislative arm.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you going to try to make the case that Russian media is somehow more transparent and honest in Russia than elsewhere?

No, I am making the case that the plutocracy in Russia is not an alien elite that detests (and 100 years ago culled tens of millions of) ethnic Russians/Ukrainians/Belorussians etc. The conflict isn't Putin v Gays or Putin v America but the Russian People v internationalist plutocratic power (as manifested in American policy). Is that controversial? It is 100% true. Full stop.

Quote:
Russia isn't ruled by plutocrats?

Yes it is. And those plutocrats are ruled by Putin, who has affection for his own volk. This is opposed to regime that Putin replaced where the the plutocracy was trafficking Russian women, stealing Russian resources and blanketing the country in heroin, alcohol and aborted fetuses. Putin isn't perfect but he is way ahead of whomever is in next place.
Titus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=861DJLR4Cek

Robert Kagan's wife who is for some reason with State Dept and working to undermine nations in East Europe.

Anyway, a few things.

1) note she's in between Chevron and Exxon signs. Putin seized Yukos from Khodorkovsky (who bought it with a 300million dollar loan from Rothschild and had planned to sell Yukos to Exxon).
2) She states the USA has spent 5 billion dollars on democratic and economic reforms in Ukraine. 5 (five) BILLION dollars. ($).
3) She demands that Ukraine do what the IMF wants. Because the IMF has a history of success?
4) She speaks in terms of freedom, civil rights, democracy, and the rest when she really means "steal the resources and break the society".

Yeah, guys, it is all about gays and Putin and freedom.

Her background:

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2014/02/victoria-nuland-us-ambassador-to-ukraine.html

Quote:
She got into the State Department during the Bush Administration, so she's probably not some wide-eyed liberal nut. In fact she's married to Robert Kagan - that's a familiar name, isn't it. Robert and brother Fred seem to have strategically implanted themselves in key policy-making positions within the Democratic and Republican party apparatus. Robert is embedded at Brookings, while Fred is ensconsed at AEI. It's a beautiful thing, America 2.0 (or is it 3.0 - can't keep track).
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the media is probably interested in the Russia stuff because of what you mention, plus it's in the news because of the Olympics anyways. The analysis is pretty shallow. I do wish that they delved deeper into the corruption/other issues of Russia in a meaningful way. I feel the same about the media's coverage of America, however it is possible to write deeply critical things about the government in America in a way that isn't possible in Russia.
guavashake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:

Your link had at least 1 obviously untrue thing in it, non mainstream or not, it's just dumb.

I did not post a single link. I posted multiple links.
You made at minimum one obvious error.

Everything you say about anything is hereby irrevocably invalidated.
You have the right to remain silent and follow your own dumb logic.
Leon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guavashake wrote:
Leon wrote:

Your link had at least 1 obviously untrue thing in it, non mainstream or not, it's just dumb.

No, the context of that tangent was your infowar link, so my comment was obviously directed at that single link.
guavashake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon wrote:
guavashake wrote:
Leon wrote:

No, the context of that tangent was your infowar link, so my comment was obviously directed at that single link.

In this case, the other link validates my points and invalidates everything you say.

This is a tactic of government and mainstream media. Let's avoid that which will focus on the issue, and focus on that which will avoid the issue.
catman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus wrote:

So would you support similar anti-gay laws in the your home country?
Leon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guavashake wrote:
Leon wrote:
guavashake wrote:
Leon wrote:

In this case, the other link validates my points and invalidates everything you say.

This is a tactic of government and mainstream media. Let's avoid that which will focus on the issue, and focus on that which will avoid the issue.

No, still mistaken. The opinion piece from the Washington Post was a false equivalence. Individual states may have certain anti-gay laws, but most do not, and the Federal government just extended same sex marriage benefits. Moreover, even allowing for the media's agenda, in Russia you are likely to get more time for attending a protest against Putin than for beating up a gay person. You are avoiding focusing on the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: