Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pest2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning? Reply with quote

I can only imagine, the world's worst sportsman must be up in arms about one of their only hopes to win a gold not winning that gold... Are kids in your classes and drunken ajoshis pounding the pavement in protest? Are they making up all kinds of excuses for how the Russians must have dulled Yu Na's skate blades or poisoned her pre-event soap? I'd love to hear...
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning Reply with quote

pest2 wrote:
I can only imagine, the world's worst sportsman must be up in arms about one of their only hopes to win a gold not winning that gold... Are kids in your classes and drunken ajoshis pounding the pavement in protest? Are they making up all kinds of excuses for how the Russians must have dulled Yu Na's skate blades or poisoned her pre-event soap? I'd love to hear...

You talk about "world's worst sportsman" and then you write something like that. Do you know what a mirror is?
nicwr2002

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning Reply with quote

pest2 wrote:

What are you trying to say here? Are you saying that she isn't a good figure skater? Are you saying that Koreans are exaggerating their anger with her not winning gold? I believe she was pretty much robbed of the gold medal in my opinion. They robbed her of points in her short program and that's what got her in the end. From what I've heard people are just disappointed and they are not slamming their fists in anger.
pest2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning Reply with quote

Ah, so.... it IS just as I suspected. And yes, since you brought up mirrors and bad sportsman/Koreans, I know you are well aware of mirrors, too Laughing Very Happy

She's a good figure skater but she got beat fair and square by the Russian woman.
She's a good figure skater but she got beat fair and square by the Russian woman.

Ouch, hurts doesn't it?

Steelrails wrote:
pest2 wrote:

You talk about "world's worst sportsman" and then you write something like that. Do you know what a mirror is?
pest2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: What are people saying there about Kim Yu Na not winning Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deal-with-it--south-korea--adelina-sotnikova-beat-yuna-kim-fair-and-square-152619212.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

pest2 wrote:
Ah, so.... it IS just as I suspected. And yes, since you brought up mirrors and bad sportsman/Koreans, I know you are well aware of mirrors, too Laughing Very Happy

Ouch, hurts doesn't it?

Steelrails wrote:
pest2 wrote:

salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares. Figure skating has always been very corrupt. The Russians probably did cheat, but that's the norm for this sport.
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a rest! Who really cares if she lost/won!?
Second place winner's and their supporters are almost always going to complain about not winning...besides...in this case....yu na kim is not complaining.
And most of you are overlooking the whole picture....in 4 years...korea will host the winter Olympics!
They will end up winning a bucket load of medals! Yu na kim will come out of retirement and win the gold! If not her...it will be another korean.

korea is not even in the top ten of winners this time around!!! They are currently tied for 12th with 5 other countries.
postfundie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pest, even though you may be correct about how much bad sportsmanship exists over here..please don't generalize about everybody over here. I have come across a few angry people who feel that they were robbed...if you talk about Roy Jones in 88 and what has happened in other Olympic events...most tend to chill out..other Koreans don't really care..
Rockhard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Russia has won a bunch of gold medals in figure skating at these particular olympics. Because we know how impartial judges of figure skating are. And the fact that two of the judges have ties to Russia is also just coincidence. And, oh yeah, Koreans suck at sports apparently too, even though Victor An (a Korean bought by Russia) won three gold medals alone these Olympics. And South Korea routinely kicks ass at the summer games. But yeah, let's just be a dink about it.
Stain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockhard wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Russia has won a bunch of gold medals in figure skating at these particular olympics. Because we know how impartial judges of figure skating are. And the fact that two of the judges have ties to Russia is also just coincidence. And, oh yeah, Koreans suck at sports apparently too, even though Victor An (a Korean bought by Russia) won three gold medals alone these Olympics. And South Korea routinely kicks ass at the summer games. But yeah, let's just be a dink about it.

Victor An is Russian.
salutbonjour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor An is Korean. He won 3 gold and a bronze in Turin for South Korea.
3DR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys....I know how to make troll posts about Koreans...I'm sooo clever!
Stain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3DR wrote:
Hey guys....I know how to make troll posts about Koreans...I'm sooo clever!

I've never seen you make troll posts about Koreans, much less be so clever.
pest2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (sadly) know firsthand about Koreans and sporting from personal experience, but I was mainly just curious about what was happening there, now. During my early times there, it was Apollo Anton Ohno who cheated to beat the Korean to get his gold. Or The Korean world cup soccer team getting beaten by Italy because Italy cheated.. blah blah blah. I got so sick of hearing it.

The other person who pointed out that the next winter olympics will be held at pyeonchang was right. It will be interesting to see the Koreans dominate everything they are supposed to be good at (ie skating events). If they don't, beware of national riots.

postfundie wrote:
pest, even though you may be correct about how much bad sportsmanship exists over here..please don't generalize about everybody over here. I have come across a few angry people who feel that they were robbed...if you talk about Roy Jones in 88 and what has happened in other Olympic events...most tend to chill out..other Koreans don't really care..
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada won the gold medal in hockey. That's all that matters. Take solace in that. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: