Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Island Hopping in Korea!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Island Hopping in Korea! Reply with quote

Okay, so everyone knows Jejudo. But are there any other islands in Korea that you recommend?

Maybe by ferry or by highway?

Please share! Theres hundreds of islands it seems in the western coast of Korea. Any tips would be highly appreciated!
waynehead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deokjeokdo in the West Sea is popular with waegs, especially on long weekends. Not my bag anymore, but it's worth checking out if you're into huge parties and such.
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynehead wrote:
Deokjeokdo in the West Sea is popular with waegs, especially on long weekends. Not my bag anymore, but it's worth checking out if you're into huge parties and such.

Haha nice, is there a ferry? Or is there a highway bridge?

Man... I need some nature
AsiaESLbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a boat out to Ulleongdo from Hupo on the east coast and then another boat to Dokdo for a 20 minute police supervised visit. I think it ran like $250 round trip if I remember correctly, but luckily I didn't have to pay for this one.
SeoulMan6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some off of Incheon that aren't too busy until summer. They can actually be quite quiet and peaceful.

But I love the islands off the south coast of Jeollanam-do. There's Wando which is connected by road, big, and popular. But if you have time I recommend Cheongsando, which is accessed only by boat (from Wando). It's small, peaceful, and has some quiet beaches.

Also, the islands near Daecheon Beach are good and easily accessible.

But you can find your own island in a lot of places.
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulMan6 wrote:
There are some off of Incheon that aren't too busy until summer. They can actually be quite quiet and peaceful.

But I love the islands off the south coast of Jeollanam-do. There's Wando which is connected by road, big, and popular. But if you have time I recommend Cheongsando, which is accessed only by boat (from Wando). It's small, peaceful, and has some quiet beaches.

Also, the islands near Daecheon Beach are good and easily accessible.

But you can find your own island in a lot of places.

Jackpot!!!

Thank you!
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsiaESLbound wrote:
You can get a boat out to Ulleongdo from Hupo on the east coast and then another boat to Dokdo for a 20 minute police supervised visit. I think it ran like $250 round trip if I remember correctly, but luckily I didn't have to pay for this one.

Thnx!!
thrylos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AsiaESLbound wrote:

For that price, you can easily fly to the Philippines! I know you didn't pay, but there's a good scam...Hmmm... shitty short boat trip to a rock, or tropical getaway...
guavashake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Heuksando. The ferry goes from Mokpo. If you want nature it is a good place to go.
Jongno2bucheon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guavashake wrote:
I recommend Heuksando. The ferry goes from Mokpo. If you want nature it is a good place to go.

Wow. I just saw the pictures. It looks amazing. I totally want to go somewhere like that. Maybe i can find someone who still speaks some dialect from the 15th century or something. Weee!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: