Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just realized!!!! What have you recently realized?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcrazy

Location: Pusan. Yes, that's right. Pusan NOT Busan. I ain't never been to no place called Busan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: I just realized!!!! What have you recently realized? Reply with quote

I just realized that if I lower my standards enough, everyone is hot. EVEN ME!!!!! Embarassed
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that the volcano I live on aka Jeju Island, could explode at any time. Shocked
Stain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: I just realized!!!! What have you recently realized? Reply with quote

drcrazy wrote:
I just realized that if I lower my standards enough, everyone is hot. EVEN ME!!!!! Embarassed

Beer goggles work in epiphanies too, dr crazy. Tomorrow, you'll see what I mean.
le-paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I realised;

cassette players were more accurate for rewinding than my cd player or mp3 player.

English mountaineers place a flag of the united kingdom on top of a mountain they conquer - which not only doesn't represent England, its a flag of war.

my beard is greying symmetrically, which means though my cells have separated, they are still in contact and have a biological clock.

Jungangno means 'central area' in English.

The Stalin played Mao off against the americans which lead to the death of thousands.

Although my motorbike is pretty fast, theres no way I can get across korea faster than the KTX.

I dont and never will, understand the principle of entropy in regard to the future state of atoms - no matter how much I read about it.

Theres no way to escape noise in Korea.

If you dont squirm and relax, you can avoid having a piss for hours.

If I wouldnt want to send you a merry christmas message, you shouldnt really be my friend on facebook and therefore are getting deleted.

I dont know how to say 'everyday' in French, though I do in 4 other languages (which is embarrassing becasue I am French).

I spend beacoup trop de temp of my spare time on forums.
le-paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thread idea btw - we can all pick up a little knowledge here and there!
Stain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I realized that I'm not handsome, that my students have been lying this whole time. How did I find out? Those students.
radcon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize now in regards to women " It's not the face you F@#$ but the F#$% you face."
happiness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I know nothing, its a brand new world
Hokie21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I'm hungover, I have nothing to eat but snacks and nothing to drink but booze and water in my apartment. I also just realized I need to do a lot of laundry before work tomorrow.
yodanole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the world is your oyster, well, except for the laundry thing.

Hokie21 wrote:
I just realized I'm hungover, I have nothing to eat but snacks and nothing to drink but booze and water in my apartment. I also just realized I need to do a lot of laundry before work tomorrow.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized last night that "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" was the best movie I've seen in a long time. Maybe I liked it so much because I used to daydream quite a bit when I was growing up.

Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies the audience meets well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
I dont know how to say 'everyday' in French, though I do in 4 other languages (which is embarrassing becasue I am French).

I just realized there's a (crappy) chain of "bakeries" in Korea with the name: "Tous les Jours". Which is literally "all the days" but basically means the same thing.

I just realized I haven't had a startling realization in years. Which I also just realized is kind of sad.

I just realized I need to learn more about the world.

I just realized I'm too damn lazy to bother learning more about the world and I like myself just the way I am...
le-paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwaterbob wrote:
le-paul wrote:

I just realized there's a (crappy) chain of "bakeries" in Korea with the name: "Tous les Jours". Which is literally "all the days" but basically means the same thing.

Its even more embarrassing because it is right in front of my face everyday.Laughing Its like forgetting that 'baguette' means 'long bread stick'.

I just realised my memory is fecked ( probably from taking too many drugs in the nineties and naughties ) and Ill forget everything I just realised in three days.
So, Ill have the pleasure of realising a lot of things all over again soon.

I just realised you can say '-----' on daves but cant say '*beep*' which is the term doctors would use (actually, i think ill censor that myself in case i get a ban, Im really shocked that word is ok though...) Shocked
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realized that if the volcano I live on erupts I have no escape plan. Shocked

And I don't think the Koreans have one either.
duhweecher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean-Americans (that I have met) seem more racist than many of the Koreans that I've met.

*please realize this is not to say all Korean-Americans are racist...i'm just surprised to find out that many of my close Korean-American friends have come here and seem to feed off stereotypes that enhance racism...(yes, I'm Korean...and yes, they seem to be racist towards non-Koreans)...would have never imagined. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: