Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just realized!!!! What have you recently realized?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcrazy

Location: Pusan. Yes, that's right. Pusan NOT Busan. I ain't never been to no place called Busan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS for my progress in the acquisition of the Korean language, I just realized that I have been observing the silent period for 14 years Shocked . NOW THAT IS TRUE DEDICATION. Embarassed
beentheredonethat777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: I just realized!!!! What have you recently realized? Reply with quote

I've just realized (literally tonight)that I have been in Korea so long that seeing a roll of toilet paper on the dinner table is no big deal.

I've also recently realized that I no longer "have" to have a portion of meat with every meal in order to think I've actually eaten!

I just realized that I've lost a lot of weight since last year because my spring wardrobe needs to be tailored several inches/centimeters.

I just realized that my boss is going bald.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
I realized last night that "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" was the best movie I've seen in a long time. Maybe I liked it so much because I used to daydream quite a bit when I was growing up.

Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies the audience meets well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

I'm a big fan of....Of Monsters and Men, whose song is used in the Walter Mitty trailer.

Trailer with song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekLy0UeBXkE
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie, thanks for that song I/D - I added them to my playlist. Excellent song.

BTW, just found out that when one likes a song on youtube, they can just go to this site, add the link and convert to mp3. Then you can add to your mp3 player.

So easy!

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: