Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHolter

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently working with ACE and Julia since my job Dexter found me fell through because of documents.

She hasn't been really outright rude with me, but she is certainly not a warm and fuzzy person. She did, however, find me (what I hope is) a great job. I loved the interviewer I spoke with, I really like the head teacher, and I really like the other teacher I found via LinkedIn. I just keep in mind that I won't be working for the recruiter Smile
UTVol10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to say, my experience with them was very poor! Different recruiters, I am sure are different, but the recruiter I worked with was just bad.

I understand how recruiters work and I was basically just a sales figure. However, my recruiter was aggressive, rude and pushy! I told her, I was working with other recruiters and she changed her tone. I'm not sure if she lied to me or did not know how to communicate with the schools. The only time she would e-mail me back is when she wanted something. I could never get her to respond to me when I had important question, I understand you work with other people, but on subject line I had important! She also blew up my phone to ask me a dumb question. She called me 16 times in one hour from 2AM to 3AM. She also blamed me because my FBI background check had yet to come in, because I have control over that.

If you have any questions, feel free to msg me. Overall, I don't recommend anyone using ELS Park!
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHolter wrote:
I'm currently working with ACE and Julia since my job Dexter found me fell through because of documents.

She hasn't been really outright rude with me, but she is certainly not a warm and fuzzy person. She did, however, find me (what I hope is) a great job. I loved the interviewer I spoke with, I really like the head teacher, and I really like the other teacher I found via LinkedIn. I just keep in mind that I won't be working for the recruiter Smile

I had a bad experience with her a few years back. She was very pushy at first and wouldnt accept or regard my my preferences. In the end she became quite aggressive until I told her to feck off and stop bothering me.
sab2197

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my job through Say Kimchi. I would recommend Say Kimchi to anyone considering teaching in South Korea. I really feel like my recruiter worked hard to help me. She was always quick to respond and answered all of my questions.
jstyle88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what is best recruiting agency for private schools in Seoul area?? I'm having tough time knowing who's good
Blanca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would recommend:
Say Kimchi - got me my first school, a solid gig in Ulsan and were very helpful
Engkorea (specifically Alissa) - very helpful in finding a wide range of jobs. Currently using her and she keeps trying to get us something good despite us being quite picky.

Would not recommend:
RBI (specifically Don) - full of sh!t and very pushy. Did the ol' bait and switch and tried to persuade me that: 2.1 is a good starting salary for an experienced teacher in Busan; 70% of schools don't offer NHIC and it's perfecty legal not to; nobody wants to hire Brits so I'd be best off taking 2.1 and one-way flights to make sure I got something.
He then dumped the worst contract I've ever seen on me. Some of the highlights included 2.0 for 1-9.30, a 200,000 housing allowance, 600,000 deposit for bills, which would be taken out of the final pay anyway, no mention of tax rate, pension rate or medical insurer. Apparently this was all he could find for me in Busan as lots of other schools "weren't interested in you". F*ck off Don...
Lolita89

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Agencies. Reply with quote

Hi! Great advice from everyone....has anyone ever heard of People Recruit and/or Englishwork.com?

I am speaking with them at the moment and wondered if anyone had previous!

Lauren
coratheexplorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Agencies. Reply with quote

Lolita89 wrote:
Hi! Great advice from everyone....has anyone ever heard of People Recruit and/or Englishwork.com?

Lauren

People Recruit were *very* dodgy in my experience.

KoreaConnections: the opposite in every way. I ended up finding a position on my own but had an excellent impression of them when I was first shopping around.
Conwaypk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Agencies. Reply with quote

coratheexplorer wrote:
Lolita89 wrote:

Lauren

People Recruit were *very* dodgy in my experience.

KoreaConnections: the opposite in every way. I ended up finding a position on my own but had an excellent impression of them when I was first shopping around.

Thanks for the word. I was about to use People Recruit. I tend to prefer to find jobs on my own anyways.
thatshendowang

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question guys. I am going through Adventure Teaching at present. I have read good things but I was wondering two things. One; what's been everyone's experience? And 2-has anyone ever had to sign a 'liability waiver and realese' with an agency? I have to do so to proceed, is this standard practice? Seems to mainly be absolving Adventure Teaching of any blame if anything goes wrong whilst I'm there so I can't claim against them, just wondering if it affects other rights or if anyone has seen anything like this before?
jpbislig

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Korjobs Canada Reply with quote

If anybody is looking for a great recruiting agency I would highly recommend Korjob Canada Recruiting. Just an FYI, you don't need to be in Canada to use this agency. I am from California. Smile

I have never taught in a different country before, nor had I been in a different country for more than one month. Going into this, I was extremely nervous and pretty much lost on how the whole process worked. I sent out around 20 emails to recruiting agencies that I found online with only a few emailing me back. Fortunately for me, Korjob Canada was one of those agencies that got back to me.

My recruiter from this agency was David Ball. He was beyond helpful in the entire process. When I first contacted him, he was very informative of everything that I needed to begin my job search. After I finally got my FBI Criminal Background Check (yes, it is true that document alone takes MONTHS to process) he still had all my files on record, so we quickly picked up where we left off.

The things that I liked the most about David was how punctual he was with responding to my emails and how he gave everything to me straight. He answered all of my questions and he never tried to push me towards something that I didn't fully want. A lot of recruiters that I contacted tried to do that to me. They tried to convince me to go somewhere where that I never heard of or didn't want to go without giving me any information on the place. Some recruiters just flat out stopped all communication with me when I asked them a few questions.

I never felt rushed with David. When he found me a hagwon, he was quick to give me information on the city, the environment I would be in, and the contact information from a teacher that was currently working there. When I ended up accepting a position, David continued to help me with the rest of the process. He helped make the transfer to a different country very stress free. He also checked up on me a couple weeks after I arrived in Korea.

Overall, I am very happy with the service that David gave to me. He was extremely professional in all aspects and I would highly recommend him and his agency to anybody that is looking to teach English in Korea.

I'm currently in Daejeon, South Korea at a hagwon called Lyceum Learning. I've been here for two months and I'm very happy with where I am at. Feel free to send me a message or reply to this post for more information. Good luck on your job search and safe travels to South Korea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: