Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maple Bear Franchise schools---any experience?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnoir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Bundang Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Myself and my girlfriend have just received a job offer from Maple Bear Bundang. Could anyone please tell us anything they know about this school, what Bundang is like, and if we are making the right decision to work there.

Thank you for all of your help Smile
cheolsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bundang is a very wealthy suburb of Seoul. I've never spent much time there, but I'm sure it's a nice place to live.

I worked at Maple Bear for a year in Suwon. It wasn't an amazing place to work, but I was happy there and you enjoyed it. Many of the problems came from people being asked to do things, almost as though working there was actually a job.

An issue when I worked there is that a Canadian curriculum focuses on things that are hard to teach to Korean kids. A class based on discussion, student input and cultural knowledge is hard to teach to students who might not even know the alphabet.
jeanaventura

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to speak to someone who's had experience or has heard anything about the Maple Bear in Ilsan. I was offered a position there and the environment seems great from the information I've been given so far.

I don't have enough posts to PM so if you're willing, please email me at [email protected] if you have comments. Please and thank you!
jsoh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bundang Reply with quote

mnoir wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Myself and my girlfriend have just received a job offer from Maple Bear Bundang. Could anyone please tell us anything they know about this school, what Bundang is like, and if we are making the right decision to work there.

Thank you for all of your help :)

Hi mnior!

I also received an offer from Bundang. I haven't found any posts directly related to that branch. Did you end up working for them, and how was it? They are offering me an elementary position. So far it all sounds really good, but it sounds like I should be wary of certain branches. Would love to hear about your experience!
reeldeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsoh, did you post your contract in the REVIEW CONTRACT thread? i wonder if it matches up with what the recruiter just sent me about that school! [see below]

Job#4
School name: Maple Bear school in Bundanghttp://bd.maplebear.co.kr/main/main.asp
-School Type: Well organized private English school
-Starting Date: The end of Feb.
-Location: Bundang, Seongnam city, Gyeonggido, Subway Imae station (Yellow line)
-Salary: 2.3~ 2,5 millionWon /month (negotiable upon your qualification)
-Teaching level: Kindy, Grade School
-Teaching hours:120hr/mon M~F. 9:00~6:00
-Vacations: 10days + National holidays
No.of native teacher: 7
-Housing : furnished Single walking distance from school
-Benefits: Severance payment, Health insurance & national pension(50/50), round-trip airfare
furtakk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about the bundang branch, but i worked at one of the seoul branches for a year. overall, it was fine. great apartment, good pay, intelligent students, pretty decently organized curriculum. just killer hours.

talk to someone who works there. if you can't get in touch with anyone, you can try facebook creeping some of the current teachers:

http://bd.maplebear.co.kr/teacher.asp

edit: never mind they don't list full names. At my branch we had our full names listed and a new teacher actually got in touch with us beforehand this way.
rey7986

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Maple Bear Interview Reply with quote

Hello all...

I know this thread has been inactive for some time now, but I'm trying to find some info about the Maple Bear in Songpa-gu... I have an interview with them tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about this branch in particular? If not, just any recent info about Maple Bear would help. I've heard good things, but I'm not sure about working 12 hour days...
blockzac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Maple Bear Incheon Reply with quote

Hey All,

I was just connected with Maple Bear by People Recruit. Does anyone have any experience working at Maple Bear Incheon? So far my experience has been positive with People Recruit, I am being connected with the school so I don't know when my interview will be yet. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: