Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Stupid English Teachers in South Korea"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Working hard and not always looking for shortcuts seem like pretty good ideas to me.

If they're on Waygook, they're looking for a shortcut. Otherwise they'd make the materials themselves. He's having a go at teachers looking for extra resources that don't require any extra planning or prep - which is kind of their point isn't it? 9 times out of 10 it takes just as much time to read, understand and adapt other teachers' material than to make your own from scratch so you want something that's good to go. But he's telling them to eff off. Strange.
EZE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading videos of young boys making out, prissing around in drag, talking about how he'd be "fangirling," etc. Is this guy for real?
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
Glen GoGo still hates other teachers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK9FcWLnjoM

Whatever happened to Engrish Teacher Ryan? At least he'd give a shoutout to Dave's.

#bringbacktheclaw
Okie from Muskogee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's right on the money. He'll make a good Koordinator.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardcatflap wrote:
Quote:
Working hard and not always looking for shortcuts seem like pretty good ideas to me.

If they're on Waygook, they're looking for a shortcut. Otherwise they'd make the materials themselves. He's having a go at teachers looking for extra resources that don't require any extra planning or prep - which is kind of their point isn't it? 9 times out of 10 it takes just as much time to read, understand and adapt other teachers' material than to make your own from scratch so you want something that's good to go. But he's telling them to eff off. Strange.

Strange is the new black in that boy's world.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
Quote:
So it's OK if parents are less pissed off? Maybe the guy's actually doing some teachers a big favor.

How are parents ever going to see these videos, since they are all in English and directed towards other teachers, expats, and the foreign community? If you do a good job teaching then why should you have to put up with someone on youtube trashing your efforts?

If you're doing a good job, then he's NOT trashing your efforts.

Who is "Glen GoGo" to judge the efforts and effectiveness of other native teacher in Korea? What makes him a super teacher?
atwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
atwood wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
Quote:
So it's OK if parents are less pissed off? Maybe the guy's actually doing some teachers a big favor.

How are parents ever going to see these videos, since they are all in English and directed towards other teachers, expats, and the foreign community? If you do a good job teaching then why should you have to put up with someone on youtube trashing your efforts?

Who is "Glen GoGo" to judge the efforts and effectiveness of other native teacher in Korea? What makes him a super teacher?

The ol' super teacher straw man.

He has a right to his opinion, and you have the right to disagree.

Do you truly see yourself above criticism? Or maybe you think you're the super teacher. Very Happy
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did he turn from only ordinary gay into some kind of super gay stereotype in the span of a year?

Korea's fault?

Not to mention, who the hell is he hanging out with that is out breaking stuff every weekend..
cabeza

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulNate wrote:

Not to mention, who the hell is he hanging out with that is out breaking stuff every weekend..

Apparently its all the "white teachers". I knew it would be.
Fuckin white people. Sick of them.
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long's a guy like that going to be hanging out with your average group of straight lads on a night out drinking anyway? Whether they break stuff or not.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
atwood wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
Quote:

Don't you know he has a bunch of ESL books named after him?

http://elementary-english.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/484.jpg

Why can't he go the way of dinosaur and become extinct?
catman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dairyairy wrote:
Quote:
If I were a parent I'd be far more pissed off at a teacher videoing my child then posting said video on the internet, than a teacher fishing for lesson ideas online.

Correct. The youtube poster "Glen GoGo" was the GEPIK teacher who posted videos of male students kissing on youtube. They have been removed or made private but they were visable for months under Glen GoGo's account. How can that be justified by anyone who claims to be some "super teacher"?

Great. Another pedophile in the ESL industry.
EZE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he's just having a laugh at our expense. It's just so over-the-top. It reminds me a lot of Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTukGu-Ut4

The Glen Go-Go guy's Bruno wig like the one Cohen wore in the movie further convinces me of this.
dairyairy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atwood wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
atwood wrote:
dairyairy wrote:
Quote:

The ol' super teacher straw man.

He has a right to his opinion, and you have the right to disagree.

Do you truly see yourself above criticism? Or maybe you think you're the super teacher. Very Happy

I disagreed with Glen GoGo in this thread. His videos are all over youtube. Big difference. Glen GoGo is doing everything he can to give native teachers yet another black eye.
Stain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZE wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's just having a laugh at our expense. It's just so over-the-top. It reminds me a lot of Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTukGu-Ut4

The Glen Go-Go guy's Bruno wig like the one Cohen wore in the movie further convinces me of this.

Is he having a laugh? Are you having a laugh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: