Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25 hour stopover in Narita. Accomodation recommendations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patong Dong

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: 25 hour stopover in Narita. Accomodation recommendations? Reply with quote

Due to the heavy passenegr traffic I have to spend a day in Narita on the way back from Toronto this summer. I've been to the airport and Tokyo numerous times but always stayed with a Japanese friend. I'll be with my Korean girlfriend and I don't really want to stay right at the airport. I recall the city of Narita was alright. Not sure we want to drag big bangs into central Tokyo. Has anyone stayed in Narita city before? Or will that 45 minute express train to Tokyo take you somewhere with reasonable hotels? Thanks.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: 25 hour stopover in Narita. Accomodation recommendation Reply with quote

Patong Dong wrote:
Due to the heavy passenegr traffic I have to spend a day in Narita on the way back from Toronto this summer. I've been to the airport and Tokyo numerous times but always stayed with a Japanese friend. I'll be with my Korean girlfriend and I don't really want to stay right at the airport. I recall the city of Narita was alright. Not sure we want to drag big bangs into central Tokyo. Has anyone stayed in Narita city before? Or will that 45 minute express train to Tokyo take you somewhere with reasonable hotels? Thanks.

IF it is a connecting flight (same ticket) then check the (big) bags through to YYZ and keep an overnight bag (change of clothes) as carry-on.

You should be able to get your boarding passes all the way through to YYZ as well so when you return to the airport it is just a quick trip through security and on to the boarding lounge.

Enjoy the trip into Tokyo for the day or spend it relaxing in Narita.

wishfullthinkng

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some flights will not allow you to have bags sent to your final destination if the layover is over 24 hours (see: hong kong) and other airports require you to get your bags if transferring through that airport no matter what (see: lax).

however for narita i'm not sure what their policy is for your situation. what i do know is that they have a baggage check that you can use for a small fee to keep any large bags in that you just pick up whenever you want.

if you can't check all the way to your final destination just check your bags in there, take a nite bag like ttom said, then hop on one of the trains into tokyo and have a good day.

top tip: get a box of royce chocolates while at narita. they are refrigerated and fresh chocolate and come in square boxes with numerous different flavours. by far the best chocolate i've ever had, bar none.
Patong Dong

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on my back fromm YYZ, not that makes a diffference. It's actually two seperate tickets I believe. One leg is AC and the other KE and they are not alliance members so I'm assuming two. It's an overnight stay. Get in around 4pm and fly out the next day at 5pm. That's why I mentioned accomodation. I need to get a room so wondering if others have overnighted because of a flight and where? Like I said, I'd prefer to drop off the big bags (good to know they have baggage check) and head into Narita City rather than the airport area. There is an existing thread that was a couple of pages but I couldn't get it to open. The other shorter was one derailed within two posts a la Dave's.
Brooks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to do in Narita unless you want to see the temple.
I once stayed at the ANA hotel outside the airport. That was pretty good.

Otherwise you take the Keisei line and get off where you want, probably around Nippori which is not bad.

If you take Narita Express it will go straight to Tokyo station.

If you take a bus you can choose where you want to go, whether in Chiba or Tokyo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: