Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JFK Assassination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sector7G

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has been on Dave's longer than I have, and I never commented, but I visited the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza just this past March, which really rekindled my interest in the topic.

When I got home from Dallas I got into a discussion about it with my brother, and we wondered, as many people do, if the definitive truth will ever come out in our lifetime. Our conclusion was that the definitive truth is already out, it's just that it has been clouded, purposely, in the middle of a lot of other misinformation and misdirection.

Anyway, I just want to make a point, and give my opinion, which hardly needs a spoiler alert - that there is a 99.99% chance that the CIA did it! Yeah, I know that is nothing new, and that the evidence has overwhelmingly pointed that way for a long time, but I personally never wanted to believe that an agency of our own government would do something like that, as naive as that sounds. Interesting enough, it was a book about the Bush family, Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and The Hidden History of The Last Fifty Years, by Russ Baker, that got me to take off the blinders.

Even before I read the book, I shared the following opinion, which the author states better than me. "When the Kennedy assassination is mentioned, the inquiry tends to focus on the almost impossible task of determining who fired how many shots and from where. This obsession with the gun or guns bypasses the more basic-and therefore more dangerous questions:Who wanted Kennedy dead, and why?And what did they hope to gain?"

By the way - and here is the point I wanted to make -even if there was irrefutable evidence that all of the bullets came from a lone gunman, how would that automatically negate the possibility of a conspiracy? A lone gunman does not mean others were not involved. The mere fact that Jack Ruby wanted to silence Oswald should make you wonder about that.

So where does George H.W. Bush come into the story? Well, when he was named CIA chief in 1976, there was much criticism that Bush had no experience - no background that would qualify him to lead an intelligence agency. But it turns out that he had ties to the CIA as early as the late 50s, recruited from Yale along with many others from the Skull and Bones secret society at that school. Now it is hardly surprising that a spy would deny being a spy - that is not the point. But Bush also had many ties to CIA agents and people that were suspected of involvement in the Kennedy assassination that if people knew they would gain a whole new opinion of "Poppy" Bush. The CIA's fingerprints are all over this.

One little tidbit from the book, one that the author claims made him interested in writing the book about the Bush family. You know how everyone from that time always says they can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard that the president had been shot? Bush answered he could not recall. Where does it turn out he actually was? Dallas, Texas. How could he not remember that?

On a side note, the book also makes a very plausible case that Watergate was a set-up by Bush and the CIA to get rid of Nixon. Far-fetched? Maybe, but I found it believable.

Read the book. I highly recommend it!
trueblue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

What is the name of the book?
Sector7G

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Quote:

What is the name of the book?

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and The Hidden History of The Last Fifty Years,
trueblue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and The Hidden History of The Last Fifty Years,

Got it!!!

Thank you...(thank goodness for Kindle)
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."

Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with/inside? Marilyn Monroe.

AND...................:

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse...

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater...

DjKniteX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to still believe the New Orleans Crime Boss initiated the hit on the president.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: