Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When they give you housing, does that include parking place?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usurname

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: When they give you housing, does that include parking place? Reply with quote

And how much would be a cheap running used car?
How expensive are gas?
radcon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas are expensive.
nicwr2002

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: When they give you housing, does that include parking pl Reply with quote

Usurname wrote:
How expensive are gas?

The parking place is an extra fee that you would have to negotiate with the landlord. There is also a deposit to secure your parking place for 1 year. Depending on which parking place it is, the price can range from 500,000 ~ 1,000,000 won. The monthly access fee for the parking space is added to your monthly rent price and can range from 100,000 to 200,000 extra won per month.
jvalmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas is close to $2/liter ($7-ish/gallon).
As mentioned above parking can be like that. However, for a lot of the smaller buildings, and in the provinces, there is no charge for parking and it's basically park on the street where you can. No guaranteed parking spot.
Hokie21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Username doesn't really care)
Aine1979

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie21 wrote:

I agree. It's like he's in a competition with himself to see what is the most ridiculous question he can post and actually get an answer.

Last edited by Aine1979 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Usurname

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:
As mentioned above parking can be like that. However, for a lot of the smaller buildings, and in the provinces, there is no charge for parking and it's basically park on the street where you can. No guaranteed parking spot.

Sounds like double the US price, was it always like that in last few years?
modernseoul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvalmer wrote:

Gas prices vary from place to place, but around $2 is towards the high end. Some apartment buildings / officetels have parking areas, some don't.
Buying a used car isn't cheap, and there are a number of taxes to pay as well.
Basically unless you need to drive everyday don't buy a car, it's cheaper, easier and in Seoul quicker to take public transport.
drcrazy

Location: Pusan. Yes, that's right. Pusan NOT Busan. I ain't never been to no place called Busan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend in Seoul who works for a hagwon and he pays 2,000,000 won a month for his parking spot. But, he says it is worth it because he only has to teach 12 hours a week and makes 70,000,000 won a year.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drcrazy wrote:
I have a friend in Seoul who works for a hagwon and he pays 2,000,000 won a month for his parking spot. But, he says it is worth it because he only has to teach 12 hours a week and makes 70,000,000 won a year.

All of those numbers were remarkable. Your friend is an...unusual person.
J Rock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: When they give you housing, does that include parking pl Reply with quote

Usurname wrote:
How expensive are gas?

You sure do ask a lot of questions, have you tried the search function? I noticed you signed up in 2011, have you been doing research on coming over here for the past 3 years?
Usurname

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: When they give you housing, does that include parking pl Reply with quote

J Rock wrote:
Usurname wrote:
How expensive are gas?

You sure do ask a lot of questions, have you tried the search function? I noticed you signed up in 2011, have you been doing research on coming over here for the past 3 years?

No, I did initially but then I wasn't thinking of doing this for years and now I'm back thinking of it as an option
isitts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: When they give you housing, does that include parking pl Reply with quote

Usurname wrote:
How expensive are gas?

Good GOD, man! We already answered your car questions on your other thread. What are you going to ask next? How much trunk space the typical car here has? Are the traffic lights mounted horizontally or vertically? If I get fired from my school for planning less than 5 five minutes per class, but I just spent my life savings shipping my car over from home...and it hasn't arrived in Korea yet, what should I do?

These questions don't matter. You don't even have a job here and you're asking about a parking space!
Troglodyte

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aine1979 wrote:
Hokie21 wrote:

I agree. It's like he's in a competition with himself to see what is the most ridiculous question he can post and actually get an answer.

I suspect that he's spamming another Korean ELT site as well ("the site which shall not be named"). A new user there has recently been posting similar questions.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radcon wrote:
Gas are expensive.

Ha ha ha ha.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: