Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronic Cigarettes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "vaped" for about a year before giving up the habit cold turkey. One side effect I did notice that I can't find any coroboration for is that sometimes the roof of my mouth got inflamed. Not severe pain or anything, but eventually it was a near-constant irritation. It was a significant factor in my giving them up.

Still better than the constant cough/inability to taste or smell/bad smell of regular cigarettes.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalmers wrote:
FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Just got an order of juice in today, ten of them and some kanthal. I must've been lucky… customs let it right through and I didn't have to pay any taxes. All was clearly labeled as e-liquid with nicotine content from Frontier Vapor. Couldn't be happier now.

Thanks for rec on Frontier Vapor. I just put in my first order with them. I've been using Tasty Vapor out of Oakland which has a similar business model (good customer service, tons of flavors, and cheap shipping). Frontier has slightly cheaper prices which is why I decided to give them a shot. Thanks again! Can't wait to try my liquid from this place.

I always love getting my packages of US-made liquid delivered here. 4 bottles of 32mL liquid (including shipping) is the same price as 2 bottles of 16mL liquid sold here. Most of the liquid and nicotine sold here is made in China as well, FYI.

Went to the Frontier site. What is PG / VG Blend? It asks what percentage of either one of these I want. I can't find a reference or glossary on this site.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Chalmers wrote:
FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Just got an order of juice in today, ten of them and some kanthal. I must've been lucky… customs let it right through and I didn't have to pay any taxes. All was clearly labeled as e-liquid with nicotine content from Frontier Vapor. Couldn't be happier now.

Thanks for rec on Frontier Vapor. I just put in my first order with them. I've been using Tasty Vapor out of Oakland which has a similar business model (good customer service, tons of flavors, and cheap shipping). Frontier has slightly cheaper prices which is why I decided to give them a shot. Thanks again! Can't wait to try my liquid from this place.

I always love getting my packages of US-made liquid delivered here. 4 bottles of 32mL liquid (including shipping) is the same price as 2 bottles of 16mL liquid sold here. Most of the liquid and nicotine sold here is made in China as well, FYI.

Went to the Frontier site. What is PG / VG Blend? It asks what percentage of either one of these I want. I can't find a reference or glossary on this site.

Ok, never mind. Changed my google search perameters. Found what I was looking for. Halo never asked me for these.

http://www.vapegeek.com/2011/02/what-does-pgvg-mean-what-kind-of-e-liquid-do-i-order/
crosbystillsstash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my EMOW Kangertech from http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1348_1400&products_id=8900

Has anyone recently ordered juice online?

Is it stopped at customs.

Any recommendations on getting E liquid in Korea?
Wad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crosbystillsstash wrote:
I just received my EMOW Kangertech from http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1348_1400&products_id=8900

Most seasoned vapers use http://www.fasttech.com/

Order 24mg Nicotine 20ml and 0mg Nicotine 50ml once a week...mix them for an approximate 7mg/ml juice. Only the 20ml might be taxed since its based on nicotine. Sometimes adding a few extra bits like coils helps as long as you keep it under $100 yo should have no problems.

It is possible to DIY juice in Korea but it takes some reading.
crosbystillsstash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
crosbystillsstash wrote:

Most seasoned vapers use http://www.fasttech.com/

Order 24mg Nicotine 20ml and 0mg Nicotine 50ml once a week...mix them for an approximate 7mg/ml juice. Only the 20ml might be taxed since its based on nicotine. Sometimes adding a few extra bits like coils helps as long as you keep it under $100 yo should have no problems.

It is possible to DIY juice in Korea but it takes some reading.

ok. Thanks. Once a week? Maybe you mean once a month? Or you are a heavy smoker?
Wad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ok. Thanks. Once a week? Maybe you mean once a month? Or you are a heavy smoker?

It takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks delivery. If your just coming off cigarettes you may find yourself vaping, not smoking, anywhere from 5 or more millilitres a day.

I'm a cloud chaser and vape mostly vegetable glycerine (vg). I tend to use rebuildable tank or drip atomizers and so yes some days I do go through a lot of liquid. Having said that I vape only 3mg/ml nicotine and VG is probably one of the most benign organic liquids known to man. I also make my own liquid so the cost for juice is so cheap I don’t care or count how much I vape.

In time you will get tired of the whispy poor vapor you are getting from Ego type ecigs and will either move up to more cloud or probably go back to cigarettes.
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:
Only the 20ml might be taxed since its based on nicotine.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten taxed on liquid yet. I haven't, and just got a biggish bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine the other day. Fully expected it to get seized.
Wad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:

I'd be interested to know if anyone has gotten taxed on liquid yet. I haven't, and just got a biggish bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine the other day. Fully expected it to get seized.

I read the ECF forums sometimes and it appears it does happen on larger shipments when the customs declaration states "eliquid". Most of the time shippers will declare the package as something else and at a lesser value. Normally if you add a battery or an atty they will just declare it as "electronic parts" and for the most part this seems to get through customs.

I wouldn't risk trying to bring in 200ml of liquid with nicotine as it may end up costing you the same if you buy it locally. Normally what a lot of people do is buy some 50 ml 0 nicotine juice and mix it with a 20ml 24 mg juice. Supposedly 20ml is considered personal use and should not be taxed. I have read on occasion that it sometimes is taxed. Taxes are based on millilitre not milligrams.

I've heard that customs is a little more diligent in the summer months for some unknown reason. Personally I've never had a problem since I usually just import hardware and flavours which are duty free under 150,000 won.

Why are you importing your nicotine? I can get (online) 100mg/ml 120ml (MyFreedomSmokes) for about 50,000 won sourced locally, even though its not quite legal. If your 120ml gets caught you could end up paying 72,000 won in tax.

But I fear I've said too much. I sure hope customs doesn't read this forum. Smile
crosbystillsstash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Wad wrote:
Only the 20ml might be taxed since its based on nicotine.

Which sites do you guys recommend?
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:

Why are you importing your nicotine? I can get (online) 100mg/ml 120ml (MyFreedomSmokes) for about 50,000 won sourced locally, even though its not quite legal. If your 120ml gets caught you could end up paying 72,000 won in tax.

Because I don't know where to get it at a good price here. Very Happy All of the Korean online sources I saw were 0mg. The law against online selling of alcohol must apply to nicotine as well. High concentrated nicotine prices at the local shops is through the roof.

This one was 125ml at 100mg/ml. Price from MyFreedomSmokes was $25. You can choose PG or VG. Shipping is a flat rate of $40. So, could be cheaper or more pricy than your source depending on how many items are ordered, as long as nothing gets seized or taxed. Please send me the info. Since its the same stuff, might be better to get it inside the country even at a higher cost.

I took a look at what people were saying about nicotine quality from various retailers as well, and bought from the best place I could find with int'l shipping. I did that as a test really, so next I’ll go ahead and source the rest.

You know where to get big bottles of PG and VG here?
Wad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyDaegu wrote:
Wad wrote:

Because I don't know where to get it at a good price here. Very Happy All of the Korean online sources I saw were 0mg. The law against online selling of alcohol must apply to nicotine as well. High concentrated nicotine prices at the local shops is through the roof.

This one was 125ml at 100mg/ml. Price from MyFreedomSmokes was $25. You can choose PG or VG. Shipping is a flat rate of $40. So, could be cheaper or more pricy than your source depending on how many items are ordered, as long as nothing gets seized or taxed. Please send me the info. Since its the same stuff, might be better to get it inside the country even at a higher cost.

I took a look at what people were saying about nicotine quality from various retailers as well, and bought from the best place I could find with int'l shipping. I did that as a test really, so next I’ll go ahead and source the rest.

You know where to get big bottles of PG and VG here?

pm sent!
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned here before, taxes and fees basically equal what you'd pay for something here. Bought Halo here at a local shop. Just not much variety, which is why I ordered directly from the site. So, ordering is only a bit more if you factor in the shipping costs.

But, haven't tried other brands.
Wad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
As I mentioned here before, taxes and fees basically equal what you'd pay for something here. Bought Halo here at a local shop. Just not much variety, which is why I ordered directly from the site. So, ordering is only a bit more if you factor in the shipping costs.

But, haven't tried other brands.

DIY...better quality & control, more variety, easy to make, a lot cheaper, and you can customize it to your liking.

Add in a nice rebuildable clone like the Kayfun with a nemesis mechanical mod and your set.
FriendlyDaegu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wad wrote:

pm sent!

Thanks for that. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thought I would give an update on nicotine taxes at customs, since my last shipment was pulled and inspected.. I'm 2 for 3 now for boxes getting through unmolested.

Customs tax rate applied was 400won/mL "tobacco consumption tax" + 50% "education tax". Wad was right on.. 120mL is 72,000KW.

Looks like no distinction given between high conc. nicotine and standard mixed e-juice, making DIY more attractive. The good news for me is that this stuff is not controlled beyond that, despite all the poison warnings on the bottle. I was worried that I might be running afoul of some import regulation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: