Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatkini
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Fatkini Reply with quote

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fatkini-see-incredible-pictures-real-4037399

Quote:
That the picture can act as "a constant reminder that I can wear it - and I will look good, as long as I THINK I do!"

Seems like something Steelrails would write. Smile
bigverne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be no limits to women's ability to self delude.
Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikinis, skirts and boob tubes should have size limits
radcon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being monstrously obese is nothing to take pride in yet it seems many folks in the West, and women in particular, are doing just that. BBW anyone? If I were to date a gal like those in the pictures I wouldn't even know how to proceed. The logistics of sex just boggle the mind.
Lucas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Being monstrously obese is nothing to take pride in yet it seems many folks in the West, and women in particular, are doing just that.

Girl power.
Squire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to some being fat is a disease. They're suffering from a disease, they have no choice in what they eat
caniff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calories float around in the air and fly into peoples' bodies that are naturally predisposed. Fact.

It has nothing to do with an inability to forego the second cheeseburger or the third ring-ding.

Yo.
caniff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo mama so fat jokes - some are worth a chuckle:

http://www.jokes4us.com/yomamajokes/yomamasofatjokes.html
atwood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More room for tattoos.
radcon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Momma so fat that her memory foam forgot.
radcon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn woman.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=953_1408169277#kGlbyIFqORLzLiSq.01
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squire wrote:
They're suffering from a disease, they have no choice in what they eat

There is an element of personal choice but the food companies are mostly to blame.
yodanole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading an article that involved a cooperative friend and the use of some lumber for leverage ....... Although the article was more specific ..... I'll leave the rest to your no doubt titillated imagination.

radcon wrote:
Being monstrously obese is nothing to take pride in yet it seems many folks in the West, and women in particular, are doing just that. BBW anyone? If I were to date a gal like those in the pictures I wouldn't even know how to proceed. The logistics of sex just boggle the mind.
Smithington

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting. Why not just lose the weight then put on a regular sized bikini?

We in the West are far too tolerant and accomodating of obesity.

Just a few months ago there was the CEO of a sports clothing line who was pressured to resign because he said his spandex products "were not for everyone". The implication was that fat people look awful in spandex. But how is that in any way controversial. It's true. I certainly don't want to look at it. And the CEO of the company clearly didn't want to either.

Fat is ugly. It doesn't belong in spandex.

Then there were the heavy women at a restaurant in New York who were identified by the waiter as "fat girls" on the bill (for recognition purposes in a busy restaurant). So outraged were they that they went to the media. The other option would have been to quit eating so much unhealthy food and lose the weight.

But no, fat people are 'victims'. Sorry, but my eyes are the victims. The car seat is the victim. The person sitting next to you on an airplane for ten hours is the victim. My aesthetic sense of what a human being should (and should not) look like is the victim.

We are not pigs at a trough. We have food options. You choosing the pizza while I choose the apple does not make you a victim.

Stop making excuses. Lose the weight. You can start today and in a few months your life will be changed for ever. You can start by cutting out wheat from your diet.
wanderkind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithington wrote:
...Just a few months ago there was the CEO of a sports clothing line who was pressured to resign because he said his spandex products "were not for everyone". The implication was that fat people look awful in spandex. But how is that in any way controversial. It's true. I certainly don't want to look at it. And the CEO of the company clearly didn't want to either.

Fat is ugly. It doesn't belong in spandex.

But no, fat people are 'victims'. Sorry, but my eyes are the victims. The car seat is the victim. The person sitting next to you on an airplane for ten hours is the victim. My aesthetic sense of what a human being should (and should not) look like is the victim.

It sounds more like the implication was that his company made clothing for athletic body types, and therefore shouldn't be expected to be suitable for the obese. Which is fair. I don't get irritated that a maternity-wear store doesn't have stuff suitable for thin dudes. I'm not their demo.

What you said about fat people visually offending you reflects on you, less so on them. People aren't beholden to present an image that others find appealing.
For which I am grateful. Socks and sandals 4 lyfe.

That said, I take issue with this movement / trend as well, though it comes down to health. If a thick / chubby / full figured woman wants to wear a bikini, I'm there, do your thing honey. You don't have to be Gisele fucking Bundchen to qualify to wear a two-piece. But if a legitimately obese person is on this fatkini train...at some point it strays into the territory of validating / affirming maintaining an unhealthy condition. Obesity is a serious and pervasive health concern (and in my case, a burden on our public healthcare system), and I'm no more inclined to celebrate it than I would someone having a hernia.

Maybe I'm not 'getting' it though.

Last edited by wanderkind on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: