Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A noble plea.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanklor1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: A noble plea. Reply with quote

To the woman that I saw walking down the street with a tutu on her tiny dog: Stop! Your attempt at dog fashion is an affront to everything that exists: the dog breeders who, no doubt, bred your dog, the vet that must look after the poor traumatized mutt whenever you bring it in for a checkup, your friends who have to put up with your faux fashion choices, and, finally, your dog; that dog must be ostracized where ever it goes.

So, I plead you, woman who doesn't know that putting a tutu on a dog isn't a good idea, stop torturing everyone and everything with your utterly horrible lack of fashion sense.
littlelisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have a pet (nor have I ever had one), so this isn't personal, but... why do you care?
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what is funnier - that guy that dressed his dog like a huge tarantula and put webs up near the subway entrances - hehe (see youtube), very funny Smile
tanklor1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

le-paul wrote:
I tell you what is funnier - that guy that dressed his dog like a huge tarantula and put webs up near the subway entrances - hehe (see youtube), very funny Smile

That does sound funny and at least it sounds like there is a purpose to putting his poor pet in a costume.
optik404

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if she went home, got on the internet and wrote a post about the overweight, poorly dressed foreigner she saw while walking her dog.

How would you feel?
le-paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

For your amusement
tanklor1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

optik404 wrote:
What if she went home, got on the internet and wrote a post about the overweight, poorly dressed foreigner she saw while walking her dog.

How would you feel?

She would still have a very poorly dressed dog.
Stain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

optik404 wrote:

How would you feel?

Tanklor1 is overweight and poorly dressed? Well, I won't be inviting him to my 보신탕 party next week.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, "tanklor" might be a very fashion conscious individual who was merely upset at the choice of a tutu rather than dressing up your dog in general. Perhaps he was criticizing the choice of fabrics or colors or the fact that it was a tutu and not a more fashionable choice.

In that case "tanklor" might be a tall, dark, and handsome metrosexual dude. Or perhaps a lithe gay guy who is more jealous because her dog was drawing attention from his small dog. Or maybe just a normal looking straight dude who developed a keen eye for dog clothing thanks to having to buy 50 dog outfits for his money vacuuming girlfriend.
guavashake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A costume can be easily removed, a bad haircut, not so...

15 Dogs Who Would Like To Have A Word With Their Owners About A Haircut
http://www.viralnova.com/dog-haircuts/
wanderkind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A noble plea. Reply with quote

tanklor1 wrote:
To the woman that I saw walking down the street with a tutu on her tiny dog: Stop! Your attempt at dog fashion is an affront to everything that exists: the dog breeders who, no doubt, bred your dog, the vet that must look after the poor traumatized mutt whenever you bring it in for a checkup, your friends who have to put up with your faux fashion choices, and, finally, your dog; that dog must be ostracized where ever it goes.

So, I plead you, woman who doesn't know that putting a tutu on a dog isn't a good idea, stop torturing everyone and everything with your utterly horrible lack of fashion sense.

Usually I'd agree with you, but I saw a woman (pretty good looking too) yesterday with her dog in a dress and I have to say she made it work.
The key was the woman clearly understood how ridiculous it was, and had a kind of IDGAF, DEAL WITH IT swagger.
I must grudgingly respect that attitude.
NYC_Gal 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my dog was a puppy, I sometimes dressed him in a superman t shirt, complete with cape. All kids need superman jammies, though. My husband, quite correctly, hated it, but it was fun and a short-lived phase. These days, he only wears a coat when it's cold, as he has almost no fur on his belly and gets too cold without it. When it's sub-zero, he also wears boots (from Minnesota, so actually for cold and not fashion) and a snood that i knitted to protect his ears. Otherwise, he's a dog and doesn't need clothing.
Lucas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sometimes dressed him in a superman t shirt, complete with cape. All kids need superman jammies, though. My husband, quite correctly, hated it, but it was fun and a short-lived phase. These days, he only wears a coat when it's cold, as he has almost no fur on his belly and gets too cold without it. When it's sub-zero, he also wears boots (from Minnesota, so actually for cold and not fashion) and a snood that i knitted to protect his ears. Otherwise

I thought you were talking about your husband (a brit). That's some kinki stuff you've got going on there!

Quote:
Otherwise, he's a dog and doesn't need clothing.

Till I read this part. Cool

So i'll just put it down as animal cruelty.
Squire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: A noble plea. Reply with quote

tanklor1 wrote:

This addressing of people who you know won't be reading the complaint has quickly become a pet hate of mine. Instead of making a thread how about actually speaking to this woman directly next time you see her?
Hokie21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC_Gal 2.0 wrote:
When my dog was a puppy, I sometimes dressed him in a superman t shirt, complete with cape. All kids need superman jammies, though. My husband, quite correctly, hated it, but it was fun and a short-lived phase. These days, he only wears a coat when it's cold, as he has almost no fur on his belly and gets too cold without it. When it's sub-zero, he also wears boots (from Minnesota, so actually for cold and not fashion) and a snood that i knitted to protect his ears. Otherwise, he's a dog and doesn't need clothing.

Dogs do not need boots.....dogs have survived for thousands of years without the aid of little boots to keep their feet warm. If you put boots on your dog there is something wrong with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: