Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Way to Enter Thailand for Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueblue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Best Way to Enter Thailand for Work Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I know some of you out there have experience in this area, so I am going to ask.

I have received mixed reviews on these matters, despite what other websites say.

1. Does one need to purchase a ticket BEFORE obtaining a 60 day toursist visa (can it be one way)?

2. Has anyone been refused to board the plane with a one way ticket to Thailand (FROM Korea)? IF so, which airlines are ones to stay away from?

Thank you.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Best Way to Enter Thailand for Work Reply with quote

trueblue wrote:
Hey folks,

I know some of you out there have experience in this area, so I am going to ask.

I have received mixed reviews on these matters, despite what other websites say.

1. Does one need to purchase a ticket BEFORE obtaining a 60 day toursist visa (can it be one way)?

2. Has anyone been refused to board the plane with a one way ticket to Thailand (FROM Korea)? IF so, which airlines are ones to stay away from?

Thank you.

1) Usually, yes.
2) It often happens if you don't have an outbound ticket to somewhere else. It is not the airline per se, it is the counter staff at ICN that will refuse to give you a boarding pass if you don't have outbound passage.

3) A cheap, disposable, $100 ticket (air asia, cebu pacific, tiger air) to the Phils or anywhere else you won't need a visa (dated wtihin 60 days of your arrival in Thailand) will work just fine.

Throw it away after you get into Thailand since they are typically non-refundable and the re-booking fees will cost more than the original ticket.

4) Det a double entry tourist visa (you'll be glad you did).
It will effectively give you 6 months in the country with a simple border run.

Drew345

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I've always had a ticket ahead of time before getting a 60 day visa from the Thai Embassy. I think that just reservations would be OK though. Make a round trip reservation and give them something as official as possible with the visa application.

2. You need either a round trip ticket OR a visa from the Thai embassy. If you already got your 60 day visa, you are good to go with a one-way ticket.
Cave Dweller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hijack the thread but I have never heard of a double entry tourist visa. Does that have to be applied for in advance or upon landing in the big smoke?
WhileAway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get the double entry visa from the embassy before you go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: