Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloodbath in Paki school & only 2 dead in Sydney attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Bloodbath in Paki school & only 2 dead in Sydney attack Reply with quote

Sydney police lit up a coffee shop, lots of gunfire. Saw some Koreans in there for sure.

Pakistani Taliban attack school, kill lots of kids in retaliation to Pakistan crackdown.

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-taliban-attack-military-school-kill-2-072153239.html

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — A top Pakistani official says that 84 students have been killed in a Taliban attack on a military-run school in the northwestern city of Peshawar.

Last edited by Died By Bear on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This video is unable to play with adblock running. Please add 9news.com to your list of exceptions."

I think you mean you choose not to let me watch it until I let you barrage me with ads. Sorry 9news, I will get my news elsewhere.
guavashake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who Created Cartoon Character "Man Haron Monis" Behind "Sydney Siege" Circus?

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.fr/2014/12/who-created-cartoon-character-man-haron.html?m=1

...But it was the Australian media itself who introduced him publicly as an "Ayatollah" and the Australian government that vetted him and allegedly granted him political asylum. He was allegedly in contact with the UN and was used to stir up anti-Iranian sentiment in Australia. It is then highly suspicious that now both the Australian media and the Australian government appear to have no knowledge of who he is or where he came from...
andrewchon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 'ayatollah' but a 'sheik'. Any muslim is entitled to call himself a sheik, and for that matter, an ayatollah. That's just the way islam is. Which means, any muslim feels he can go to any sovereign nation and declare a caliphate and make himself the caliph. Nice isn't it? $ Laughing $
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6 O'clock news portrayed him as an idiot that murdered his wife and was out on bail when he decided to start killing innocent people. Pretty accurate.
Stan Rogers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korean escaped due to her extensive knowledge of coffee shops. Who says education doesn't pay dividends.
Shimokitazawa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American, Australian, British and Canadian media are telling us this is terrorism and they're trying hard to link it to ISIS and Islamic fundamentalism.

Just like the nutter that shot up the Canadian parliament buildings, this is just another case of an individual who is mentally unstable.

But that's not what they want us to believe.

Blood bath? Are you serious? 2 people - 3 including the *beep* who took them hostage - dead.

Look at some of the US school massacres like Sandy Hook - that's a blood bath. Or what the US military is doing to innocent people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Or Israel whacking 2,700 Palestinians this past summer. That's a blood bath.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:
American, Australian, British and Canadian media are telling us this is terrorism and they're trying hard to link it to ISIS and Islamic fundamentalism.

Just like the nutter that shot up the Canadian parliament buildings, this is just another case of an individual who is mentally unstable.

Blood bath? Are you serious? 2 people - 3 including the *beep* who took them hostage - dead.

Look at some of the US school massacres like Sandy Hook - that's a blood bath. Or what the US military is doing to innocent people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Or Israel whacking 2,700 Palestinians this past summer. That's a blood bath.

I changed the title and description for you, happy now you whiner?
edwardcatflap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I changed the title and description for you, happy now you whiner?

Not whining but I should point out that the word 'Paki' in any context has been added to the long list of things that could get you fired from a government job in the UK.

Quote:

So these suicide bombers or the guys in Syria beheading charity workers are usually sane, rational individuals?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't enough room in the sensationalist title to write the whole word, so I cut it where I could.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewchon wrote:
Not 'ayatollah' but a 'sheik'. Any muslim is entitled to call himself a sheik, and for that matter, an ayatollah. That's just the way islam is. Which means, any muslim feels he can go to any sovereign nation and declare a caliphate and make himself the caliph. Nice isn't it? $ Laughing $

You got any proof for this load?
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralCali wrote:
andrewchon wrote:
Not 'ayatollah' but a 'sheik'. Any muslim is entitled to call himself a sheik, and for that matter, an ayatollah.

You got any proof for this load?

It was broadcast on CNN by one of their journalists the day before yesterday. They said it over and over, so it must be true. After 2 hours of low level background noise on the coverage, I shut down the satellite and listened to some Bing Crosby. It was nice. Had a glass of wine while the rib roast came to a perfect 130.

Then it was broadcast again on the nightly news.
Lucas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was broadcast on CNN by one of their journalists the day before yesterday. They said it over and over, so it must be true. After 2 hours of low level background noise on the coverage, I shut down the satellite and listened to some Bill Crosby. It was nice. Had a glass of wine while the rib roast came to a perfect 130.

Then it was broadcast again on the nightly news.

Whatever floats your boat.

Bit sick if you ask me though.
earthquakez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:

I've got nothing against you and I actually mentioned somewhere else about your argument with blue tortilla and how he doesn't realise that to own an English school in Fukuoka some years ago and then come back to Japan without the school seeking a job makes him look like a loser in the eyes of Japanese people.

However, in this case yes 'terrorism' is an acceptable way to describe what happened in Sydney. The accepted definition of terrorism has nothing to do with how many people you kill/injure/take hostage - it's about doing these things or attempting to do these things to further an ideological cause be it political, religious or a mix of both.

The bloke in Sydney was a nut and a terrorist. By getting his captives to hold up a Muslim flag he was making his point regardless of what a weirdo he was.

He also had a history of targeting returnee Australian soldiers and their families or dead soldiers and their families through threatening/harassing letters and other activities. There are people who do that too in the UK.

That is political activity. It doesn't make one jot of a difference if you want to contrast it with big numbers of deaths elsewhere or even if you want to excuse it or support it - the bloke committed an act of terrorism motivated by a mix of politics and religion.

And personally I think anybody dead is one person too many. Especially when one of them had young children who will grow up to find out that their mother died because she had a coffee in a cafe in their country where it is neither known nor acceptable to have armed people storming in to such places and holding customers captive for any cause whasoever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: