Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GUIDE: AUTHENTICATING A BACKGROUND CHECK FROM WITHIN KOREA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elway

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Korea FBI background check, degree apostille through a company from South Korea.
============================================

This is what my girlfriend did to apostille her background check and degree. She is currently teaching in Gwangyang (광양, 光陽). She went to the police station and took her fingerprints.

Step 1: Fill out FBI background check order form and took her fingerprints on FD-258 fingerprint card or you can print them from the FBI site.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

Step 2: Because she didn't want to send documents back and forth, she sent it to a company in the U.S. www.apostillepros.com
for processing of FBI background check and apostille.

They charged her $15 for submitting her FBI fingerprints to the FBI and return shipping which is a bargain. After they received her FBI background check, they apostille her FBI background check and degree (fee) and mailed everything to her in South Korea.

=============================================
I live in the U.S. I went to Apostille Pros office.

Step 1: They gave me the option to do digital fingerprinting or manual fingerprinting. I opted to do ink (manual fingerprinting). The certified fingerprinter taking my fingerprints said it's better to do it manually because the prints show better. It was messy but my prints came out really good on the FD-258 fingerprint card.

Step 2: They mailed my fingerprints and application to the FBI.

Step 3: The FBI background check was mailed directly to their office. They apostille the degree and FBI background check.

I was out on vacation so they handled everything. Everything was accepted by korean immigration.
Speck7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zz
Makoli Mark Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elway wrote:
South Korea FBI background check, degree apostille through a company from South Korea.

This is what my girlfriend did to apostille her background check and degree. She is currently teaching in Gwangyang (광양, 光陽). She went to the police station and took her fingerprints.

Step 1: Fill out FBI background check order form and took her fingerprints on FD-258 fingerprint card or you can print them from the FBI site.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

Step 2: Because she didn't want to send documents back and forth, she sent it to a company in the U.S. www.apostillepros.com

They charged her $15 for submitting her FBI fingerprints to the FBI and return shipping which is a bargain. After they received her FBI background check, they apostille her FBI background check and degree (fee) and mailed everything to her in South Korea.

Step 1: They gave me the option to do digital fingerprinting or manual fingerprinting. I opted to do ink (manual fingerprinting). The certified fingerprinter taking my fingerprints said it's better to do it manually because the prints show better. It was messy but my prints came out really good on the FD-258 fingerprint card.

Step 3: The FBI background check was mailed directly to their office. They apostille the degree and FBI background check.

I was out on vacation so they handled everything. Everything was accepted by korean immigration.

Do you know if it's possible to do the FBI background check from another country such as Thailand for Korea? I really don't want to have to buy a plane ticket home, and would like to head back there to teach after about 6 more months here. Any information is appreciated.
jeffman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Apostille Pros as well. They saved me.

You can submit your fingerprints to them and they will take care of the rest. Obtain FBI background check, get fbi background check apostille as well as degree apostille.

elway wrote:

Haydn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked in Korea from 2009-2013. I left Korea and cancelled my visa/handed in my ARC in July of 2013.

I submitted a FBI background check back in 2012.

To get a new work visa, will I need to submit a new background check? Or is there a possibility they have my last one still on file at immigration?

What about flying to Korea to look for work and doing a visa run to Japan after I've found a job, that also requires a FBI check?
Tokki1

Location: The gap between the Korean superiority and inferiority complex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still really unclear to me.

Could any Canadians currently on an E-2 or other, who know how to obtain a federal level criminal record check from within Korea please help.

According to Canadian government websites, electronically scanned fingerprints are the only accepted method of applying for the check--which must be done within Canada.

This begs the question running throughout this thread: how is this possible from within the ROK, if third party companies and paper applications are no longer accepted?

Has anyone done this? Has anyone reading this completed the required check from within Korea, post July 1st 2014???

For the life of me, I still cannot understand why immigration requires the criminal record check every single year...even if a person has not been out of country.

(I taught in SK from 2001-2009, moved to Taiwan, and am now considering moving back. This red tape is making things seem practically impossible.)
Usurname

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if third party companies and paper applications are no longer accepted?

Does that mean expedited process using third party companies are not accepted and you have to get it directly from the FBI and wait a long time before you can be eligible?

Are there any hagwons that will say that they can wait for the background check after they have hired you?
rok_the-boat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: UK background check Reply with quote

I got one of these done 20 years ago for a different reason and I had to go to the UK and get it in person.

How about today - has anyone managed to get one from the UK while in Korea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: