Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting passports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rok_the-boat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Posting passports Reply with quote

I have to renew my UK passport. Last time I did it at the Seoul UK Embassy. Now, it is all done online. So I went through the process and then off to the Post Office to post it.

At the Post Office the lady informed me that they can't send passports through the post. Against the rules. WTF. Then over comes her boss to back her up. After about 20 mins of wrangling and making people wait, the lady looked online and sure enough - old passports have to be posted. The boss grumbled and I eased matters by telling him the passport had expired (white lie) and that technically, it wasn't a real 'live' passport. He gave way and it got posted EMS. Had I failed I would have just gone to another PO and told them it was a diary. Now, I am waiting for my new one - THROUGH THE POST!

Anyone had the same hassle? I don't blame the Post Office at all. I blame the UK Embassy for not updating them with the right info.
artyom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A colleague of mine recently had exactly the same problem. Tried to post passport back to the UK and the woman at the post office refused. Apparently looking up some stat about the amount of post that goes missing in the UK to prove her point.

I think it must be a new thing because I posted mine back no hassle last year. Although I'm not certain whether I said it was a passport on the declarations form or whether it was just 'documents'.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also need to apply for a new passport around October or November. Which website did you use, how much did it cost, and how long did it take for your new passport to arrive?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: