Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on the F2-S visa Point System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="furtakk"]
work business licence (but not contract)
-.[/quote]

Can you remember what that 'work business licence' was called in Korean? I'd like to know so it will make it easier for my school's 행정실 to know what i'm looking for. I'm presuming you got it from your school's administration office or co-worker got it for you.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my level 5 interview today. They asked me a bunch of personal questions, including how much my monthly rent is. It wasn’t a test, but what is the point of this interview? The officer was writing down some of my answers.

I barely passed level 4 and have the language certificate of completion, but my home page status reads 5단계 중간평가대상자 ( I should take the midterm)? even though I am in level 5.
Should I be concerned about that?
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PigeonFart"][quote="furtakk"]
work business licence (but not contract)
-.[/quote]

Can you remember what that 'work business licence' was called in Korean? I'd like to know so it will make it easier for my school's 행정실 to know what i'm looking for. I'm presuming you got it from your school's administration office or co-worker got it for you.[/quote]

I'll answer my own question. Well, actually i don't know what that document is called in Korean but it doesn't matter anyway because i didn't need it when i applied for my F2 recently. I didn't bring it, and she never asked for it.

However i was asked to submit a copy of my school contract (even though they have the exact same copy that i originally submitted for my E2...that's bureaucracy for you).
furtakk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your post earlier!

That's really odd as I had the complete opposite experience. They wanted the business licence, but not the contract (as it was already in the system). Shows how consistent they are.

Anyhow, I got a text message the other day saying everything has been processed. I can pick up my visa mid-July.

I'm not sure if the process takes longer or they are just busier these days, but by the time I pick it up, it will have been nearly 5 weeks. I applied the 10th of June, and it won't be available until the 15th of this month.

Glad to finally have everything taken care of.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did they calculate income?

Was it calculated by the taxes paid for the previous year (only 2014) or was it calculated by the taxes paid for the year up until the day you apply?
Welshguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an F5 Visa & just want to say "Respect" to all of you trying to get this Visa. I took the F2-99 / F5 route. Just out of curiosity, I calculated how many points I would currently get on the F2-7 table. Answer - 70. Like I said, "RESPECT" to everyone who is trying for and has obtained this F2-7.

I would like to enquire, on behalf of a friend. She has TOPIK level 4. If she completes the KIIP (after taking the level test), will she be able to score points for both the TOPIK & KIIP? If so, how many points in total would she get?

Oh, and what level of the KIIP would someone with TOPIK level 4 start at?

Thanks.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have an F5 Visa & just want to say "Respect" to all of you trying to get this Visa. I took the F2-99 / F5 route. Just out of curiosity, I calculated how many points I would currently get on the F2-7 table. Answer - 70. Like I said, "RESPECT" to everyone who is trying for and has obtained this F2-7.

I would like to enquire, on behalf of a friend. She has TOPIK level 4. If she completes the KIIP (after taking the level test), will she be able to score points for both the TOPIK & KIIP? If so, how many points in total would she get?

Thanks.

What did you have to do to go from an F2 to an F5?

Has anybody on here recently gone from an F2-7 to an F5? What did you need to do?

I recently got the point’s visa, and you cannot add TOPIK and KIIP points together.

Your friend would get 16 points for TOPIK 4, but would have to complete level 5 of the KIIP program, which would net an additional 12 points (under the new point system). 28 total.

She would probably test into level 4 or possibly 5 of KIIP.
furtakk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Korean points, you get one or the other. They can't be combined.

Unless there has been a recent change, TOPIK 4 is 16 and KIIP 4 is 15.

For the F5, I think there were a couple of people who have done it on AFEK. You need to wait 3 years before you're eligible. I have another 2 to go.
Welshguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingssurfer wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Has anybody on here recently gone from an F2-7 to an F5? What did you need to do?

I recently got the point’s visa, and you cannot add TOPIK and KIIP points together.

Your friend would get 16 points for TOPIK 4, but would have to complete level 5 of the KIIP program, which would net an additional 12 points (under the new point system). 28 total.

I had to show proof of Income (원천징수영수증) which is double the GNI of an average Korean citizen in a calendar year. It was approximately US$20 000 back in 2011 when I applied for my F5. I believe it's now closer to US$23000 (W27 000 000); W52 000 000 in total. TOPIK level 2 and an Apostiled Police Backgound Check also required.

Last edited by Welshguy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Welshguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welshguy wrote:
kingssurfer wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

I had to show proof of Income (원천징수영수증) which is double the GNI of an average Korean citizen in a calendar year. It was approximately US$20 000 back in 2011 when I applied for my F5. I believe it's now closer to US$23000 (W27 000 000). TOPIK level 2 and an Apostiled Police Backgound Check also required.

Or wait the mandatory 3 years and upgrade with 1 x the GNI. W27 000 000. TOPIK level 2 and an Apostiled Police Backgound Check also required.
Daniel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides upgrading to F5 - Has anyone successfuly extended their points visa?

What is the process / requirements? Are points recalculated with new age, income, etc?
thatkidpercy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel1981 wrote:
Besides upgrading to F5 - Has anyone successfuly extended their points visa?

What is the process / requirements? Are points recalculated with new age, income, etc?

This has been on my mind recently, too. I got my points visa (F2-7) in August 2013 so it's due to expire in August 2016.

I was originally planning on applying for the F5, but I must have read some incorrect information before (or more likely made incorrect assumptions) as I thought the only requirement was to have had the F2 for 3 years and be earning higher than the average Korean salary. How wrong I was! Apparently you need to earn at least double the average Korean salary (so, somewhere in the region of 60mil - I'm quite a bit short of that) and could be asked to show proof that you have 30mil in assets (savings, property etc. - again, nope) if the immigration officer sees fit to do so.

Anyway, I called 1345 to ask them about renewing the F2-7 and was told it was possible so long as I was still working. I asked if the points were re-calculated and was told that they are not, *but* the lady I spoke to did start most sentences with "I guess..." so I don't have complete faith in the information I was given. Perhaps you should call and ask the same thing, and then we can compare notes.
coralreefer_1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i mentioned it somewhere here before...but when I was doing my level 5 class for the F2 I found the same information about moving to the F5, and also saw that the income requirement was double the GNP of Korea for the previous year (this was in the Korean version)

When I asked my teacher about it...she didn't really believe me and made a call herself (to the Moj, not immi) She was told that it was indeed the case, but was also told that the whole GNPx2 was only applicable to people that are doing work that would otherwise fall under E2 guidelines. She came back to me and told me that it only applied to people teaching English, though she wasn't told about or made no distinction between uni teachers that would fall under E1 guidelines, or otherwise people on the E2, and was further told that the reason was that they did not want "too many westerners" getting the visa.

Granted, this was all stuff that i didn't experience myself, but that requirement seems to be geared/ained at toward English teachers. If one is not making their income from professions that would fall under E2 and perhaps/possibly E1...then my understanding is that the GNPx2 stipulation doesnt apply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: