Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Army-Navy Stores in Seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koreaBOOT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Army-Navy Stores in Seoul Reply with quote

I like to collect old military junk and I'm really interested in the Korean War, so while I'm here I want to buy a present for myself. Where can I find some good surplus stores? I really want Korean War items but I also want modern ROK Army and Marine items.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I would check out Shinseol-dong, Dongmyoe and Shindang Markets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Gaininganadventur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Military Store Reply with quote

Military Surplus. There used to be a small Military Surplus store in Itaewon. Not sure if it is still there.
koreaBOOT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I found a few places in Shinseol-dong. A lot of Chinese knockoffs but some good stuff, no ROK armed forces though! The best I found was a pair of trousers in "duck hunter" camo which probably came from a high school military program. Does the armed forces have some sort of restriction on releasing surplus uniforms? It would make sense, considering the North Korean special force's penchant for wearing foreign uniforms a la Spetsnaz.

@ Gaininganadventur: I think I know the place your talking about. It's on a side street off the main drag right? The dude speaks English and has legit stuff but his prices are way too high. Then again, don't Koreans have more of a haggling culture than Americans do? Maybe I can talk him down.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KoreaBOOT - You're bang on. Korean military uniforms are very restricted.
Good luck, and I hope that you find what you are looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
alpope23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a bunch of stores about 300m SE of Geumcheon station in Paju.
Leave exit 1 and cross the street so you are across from the duncan doughnuts shop. Keep walking SE and go left at the second street and it is about 40 meters on the left, another on the right about 60 meters.
Also a nice international market and an Indian restaurant a little further on (if it is still open!)
young_clinton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a store in Itaewon just down the street from McDonald's that sells military stuff. It's around the corner off of Itaewono Street. That's as good as I can explain it. The Lonely Planet Guide should have it recommended in it's book, just look it up and get the directions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: