Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RETURN AIRFARE???????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph Fitzgerald

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: RETURN AIRFARE??????????????? Reply with quote

Hello,
I was just released from my hagwon and they gave me a receiot from my airfare tuicket TO Korea, and they tell me it is a round-trip ticket stub. The receipt clearly says on it the flight numbers that i took when I came to Korea. The name of the institute is Kwaks Live English in Jungwang, south of Seoul. I worked at Kwaks in Seongnam before, and the director there gave the director at Jungwang this receipt, and told him this is my return ticket. Oh well, I live about a five minute walk to the Ministry of Labor.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what is the verdict?

They HAVE TO give you your return airfare or ticket...

What have you done about it? Please let us know...
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your information and to everyone else concerned; when a business sponsors a foreigner, any business be it a school, bank, etc. immigration requires that the business sign a sponsor form BEFORE immigration will issue a visa. This sponsor form states that " you will be responsible for all housing cost AND airfare for the person you are sponsoring." Schools KNOW this. Immigration will NOT process the paperwork until they have a signed sponsor form. I have been to immigration on behalf of a few schools and they always ask "where is your sponsor form?"
Schools, universities, etc. have to submit documents that are prepared by a lawyer to immigration and that have been certified. If for some reason, the initial immigration person does not ask for the sponsor form, you can bet that before it reaches the last stage before issuing a visa, the form will required. Schools KNOW the law and are betting that the employee does not know it.
Schools usually won't hire teachers who point this out. They want teachers to just go with the flow and don't make waves.
Remember, no one can use you unless you let them.
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about directing us to the relevant information. I believe that this may be true, but it would be nice to have proof when talking to my employer about this.
Captain Obvious 2.0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellofaniceguy wrote:
For your information and to everyone else concerned;

FORESHADOWING! You're wrong.

Quote:
when a business sponsors a foreigner, any business be it a school, bank, etc. immigration requires that the business sign a sponsor form BEFORE immigration will issue a visa. This sponsor form states that " you will be responsible for all housing cost AND airfare for the person you are sponsoring."

Actually, it says the school ensures that the foreigner has it, not that they pay for it. Big difference.

Quote:
Schools KNOW this. Immigration will NOT process the paperwork until they have a signed sponsor form. I have been to immigration on behalf of a few schools and they always ask "where is your sponsor form?"

Wow. Thanks for telling us something we all know. What next, you have to wash yourself to stay clean? You have to pay your phone bill or else it will get cut off? WHAT OTHER SECRETS DO YOU HAVE TO SHARE?!?! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Schools KNOW the law and are betting that the employee does not know it.

How are you drawing this conclusion?

Quote:
Schools usually won't hire teachers who point this out. They want teachers to just go with the flow and don't make waves.
Remember, no one can use you unless you let them.

If you owned a school, would you hire a teacher who started proclaiming himself a master of all things legal when everything they say is wrong, and then acting confrontational before even being hired? Of course not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: