Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If only...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueblue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: If only... Reply with quote

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/10/some_routine_questions_for_obama.html

I would love to see Nobama squirm.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. There are studies I'm too lazy to look up that show you're more likely to get shot if you're carrying than if you're not. Yes, it's a shame those people got shot. Having guns probably wouldn't have prevented that and in fact would have increased their odds of being shot.
sirius black

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, another fringe right article about Obama. I never hear anything saying we would have been better off with McCain or Romney..lol.
Obama is no where near perfect. I can list bunch of things he could/should have done better.
However, if historians are honest and he's judged by the same standards we judge other Presidents historically, we will find that Obama is the greatest president from at least the last 50 years. Who has bee better in that time? 'better' being the standard we judge presidents by historically. What makes his accomplishments amazing is that he did with not just no help from Congress but with a GOP led Congress whose only mission was to stymie anything he tried.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama has been better than Carter and Ford, probably about the same as H.W. Bush- one signature accomplishment, not much else. LBJ, Nixon, and Reagan were far more successful at either getting major legislation passed or having significant impacts on our foreign policy. Clinton was a steady helmsman who may have kicked a few cans down the road and signed the ugh that was NAFTA, but he did satisfy the people. W. Bush was in my opinion a disaster, but he did succeed at implementing large chunks of his agenda.

Obama was dealt a bad hand, so that has to be taken into consideration. All things considered, he could have been a lot worse but that's not great praise. But best President of the last 50 years? Hardly.
Plain Meaning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter was an average President who was dealt a terrible hand and rolled a 1 on the hostage rescue. He didn't bomb any countries, but he also started the deregulation largely attributed to Reagan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: