Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which universities are you waiting on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappadelta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the 15 teacher hiring thing was for another department, like the Liberal Arts - English conversation type job. The job that I am in the running for is in the Eng Dep.

hajima 99 wrote:
naturegirl321 wrote:
It sounds like a good job. How's the university? I've read some posts about Chung Ang, but don't really know what to think.

I was curious as well. Here's the only relevant information that I could dig up (scroll down, past the bickering, to a post by 'Canucksaram'). It was posted just five months ago, when they were apparently hiring 15 new instructors for the beginning of the September '09 semester:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=162309&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

He certainly doesn't paint a pretty picture. I myself know absolutely nothing about the university other than what I mentioned earlier (which all sounded positive, but was provided from a slightly biased perspective naturally).

That particular Dave's post was one person's opinion, so take it for what it's worth: Disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind, or a legitimate warning? Nevertheless, perhaps it provides Zappadelta with some things to inquire about ie. why were they hiring 15 new teachers just four months ago? Program expansion or "other"? Hopefully the former.
knappylogic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just wanted to follow up. I know it's way after the fact...but just incase anyone cares...

I was offered the position at Duksung, but I turned it down because I had already signed a contract with a private elementary school. I wasn't sure about the consequences of renigging...

Thanks again to everyone who offered up advice. Clearly, it helped.
Seul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this old thread because it's exactly what I'm curious about.

Particularly, I'm curious if anyone has gotten interviews with SNU. My friend got a rejection email from them about 10 days ago, but I still haven't heard anything from them.

Do you have any other interview action to report? It would be nice to know which positions I'm no longer in the running for.
thebektionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to hear from Shin Ansan University and Anyang University. More hope with Shin Ansan since their application deadline was Friday and they didn't list Masters as a requirement.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seul wrote:
Bumping this old thread because it's exactly what I'm curious about.

Particularly, I'm curious if anyone has gotten interviews with SNU. My friend got a rejection email from them about 10 days ago, but I still haven't heard anything from them.

Do you have any other interview action to report? It would be nice to know which positions I'm no longer in the running for.

Why not contact the Universities you applied to and ask if you are still being considered? Wouldn't this be more effective, quick and direct than asking here?
Seul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:

Why not contact the Universities you applied to and ask if you are still being considered? Wouldn't this be more effective, quick and direct than asking here?

I was going to wait until next week. I'm sure the universities get bombarded with people wanting to know what their status is. Also wanted to get some discussion going. It's been a good thread.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seul wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:

I was going to wait until next week. I'm sure the universities get bombarded with people wanting to know what their status is. Also wanted to get some discussion going. It's been a good thread.

It is a good thread and I was just wondering if in your particular case a more direct method might be more effective.

Good luck anyway!

Note that lots of schools contact only people who are selected. Those that do not meet the cut are sometimes not contacted at all, especially when the school is swamped under a pile of applications.

The University I used to work for did this for a few years when the number of applicants exploded.
lukeirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PatrickGHBusan"][quote="Seul"]
PatrickGHBusan wrote:

Note that lots of schools contact only people who are selected. Those that do not meet the cut are sometimes not contacted at all, especially when the school is swamped under a pile of applications.

Tell me about it. I've been applying on and off since November. I've applied to 7 universities and have heard back from 1 of them (a rejection). I think being out of the country isn't helping either (i've been traveling all this year). Most of them want face-to-face interviews.

At the moment i'm waiting on Kyonggi-dae, Cheongju National and Hanbat-dae. If they all fall through it's back to public school for me Confused
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Want to stand out from the competition? Reply with quote

get your Phd, and a Post Doc, if there is one avail. Many people in this industry are now getting theirs.
Jodami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP: WHICH UNIS ARE YOU WAITING ON/RECEIVED INTERVIEWS FOR/INTERVIEWED AT FOR 2016?
GENO123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jodami wrote:
BUMP: WHICH UNIS ARE YOU WAITING ON/RECEIVED INTERVIEWS FOR/INTERVIEWED AT FOR 2016?
Lots of jobs at Pai Suk
University.
jackson7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GENO123 wrote:
Jodami wrote:
Lots of jobs at Pai Suk
University.

Good guy GENO, always looking out for the educated adults that would otherwise be lost in this ESL world without him...or maybe he's just troll.
GENO123

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackson7 wrote:
GENO123 wrote:
Jodami wrote:
Lots of jobs at Pai Suk
University.

Good guy GENO, always looking out for the educated adults that would otherwise be lost in this ESL world without him...or maybe he's just troll.

Which is better than you trying to deceive .

I never thanked you for your help with the following :

At the top 40-50 universities “You can more or less sum it up this way : (e.g., actual working hours always being longer, sudden firings being common, salaries being low, no respect given to foreign faculty, etc. ”

UNIVERSITY CONDITIONS WITHOUT THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=233809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

How much is 2,4 to 2.8 take home anyway in US dollars?

Well I guess you could do a second job to try to compensate for the low salaries which are offered but then again it is not entirely safe . See below:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2627056&highlight=#2627056

You can get fired if they catch you . F Visa and /or an MA won’t save you either.

In general big famous Korean universities are full of themselves and are sanctimonious as hell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: