Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a bus station at incheon airport
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair though, they booked a flight at a time between 3 and 6 as I am at the embassy at 10 and then going straight to the airport so I said get me a flight between 3 and 6 and that's what they got me. I can have Turkish kebabs for dinner on the plane Laughing and have a smoke at Istanbul airport Laughing Nah I Donny even smoke
Aine1979

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's going to be a pretty tiring trip, not sure what time you're going to have to leave your home on Friday to get to London, but you'll probably not get to Ulsan until lunchtime on Sunday (unless by some mircle you catch the 6pm bus or the 6:35 train).
greyhound

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aine1979 wrote:
Wow that's going to be a pretty tiring trip, not sure what time you're going to have to leave your home on Friday to get to London, but you'll probably not get to Ulsan until lunchtime on Sunday (unless by some mircle you catch the 6pm bus or the 6:35 train).

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I flew into ICN, it was the holiday season and the airport was insanely busy. Immigration was super quick though (even with semi-long lines) and we immediately picked up our luggage. The most time consuming part was just getting to immigration from the gate. Took just about an hour from getting off the plane to hopping on the bus.

If you knew ICN's layout and knew where to go, I'd say you had a reasonable shot for the train if the immigration lines aren't too bad. Since you're unfamiliar with both ICN (and Korea for that matter), I'll just say: good luck!
Aine1979

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
I'm flying Turkish airlines as well. My brother said they shoulda got me Korean airlines. Laughing

I've read on the news that Ataturk Airport is closed - hopefully you got on different flight or at least are safe in the airport.
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aine1979 wrote:
greyhound wrote:
I'm flying Turkish airlines as well. My brother said they shoulda got me Korean airlines. Laughing

I've read on the news that Ataturk Airport is closed - hopefully you got on different flight or at least are safe in the airport.
Hi. Unfortunately the coup started just after I landed at Istanbul airport from London. I was waiting for my connecting flight to Seoul when all of a sudden all the flights said delayed. There were no staff at all anywhere in the whole airport, just a myriad of passengers walking about or sitting at their gates. We all heard about 3 explosions which shook the airport and everyone started running for cover each time. There was also the sound of sonic booms from military jets flying overhead all night. Then the delayed was changed to cancelled for all flights. After 13 hours or so, we got rescheduled at another gate, waited around 2 hours and then boarded our plane to seoul. Isafely arrived in Ulsan Sunday morning so could catch the KTX to Ulsan which was paid by the recruiter. Laughing
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I safely arrived in Seoul on Sunday Morning.
tophatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
I mean I safely arrived in Seoul on Sunday Morning.

Cool. That flight story will be hard to top. Very Happy Beats my boring first flight. Laughing
Aine1979

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
Aine1979 wrote:
greyhound wrote:

Hi. Unfortunately the coup started just after I landed at Istanbul airport from London. I was waiting for my connecting flight to Seoul when all of a sudden all the flights said delayed. There were no staff at all anywhere in the whole airport, just a myriad of passengers walking about or sitting at their gates. We all heard about 3 explosions which shook the airport and everyone started running for cover each time. There was also the sound of sonic booms from military jets flying overhead all night. Then the delayed was changed to cancelled for all flights. After 13 hours or so, we got rescheduled at another gate, waited around 2 hours and then boarded our plane to seoul. Isafely arrived in Ulsan Sunday morning so could catch the KTX to Ulsan which was paid by the recruiter. Laughing

Glad to hear you got here safely - that must have been pretty scary! Have a good first day at work.
CentralCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyhound wrote:
Aine1979 wrote:
greyhound wrote:

Explosions or sonic booms?
greyhound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know really. It sounded like both and I just heard that there had been some explosions in the city. So maybe this is what we heard as well as the sonic booms. The poor Koreans all ran away from the gate window when it happened.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are non-stop buses from Incheon to Seoul. They are the fastest means of going to Central Seoul, however they are a lot more expensive than trains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: