Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will my Bachelor's degree be accepted in Korea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbs301

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Will my Bachelor's degree be accepted in Korea? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently joined these forums as I am moving to Korea next month. I currently have a F4 visa and a TESOL certificate. I also obtained my Associates degree at a local college. I will be graduating from the University of Science, Arts, and Technology (USAT) with a Bachelors of Education. Here is some information about the university from their website:

USAT is fully accredited and licensed by the Ministry of Education of Montserrat. The University is also fully accredited with the UK based ASIC program. This accreditation is fully recognized in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Montserrat, and many other locations, as it focuses on International Accreditation.

Source: http://usat.edu/aboutus/

I would like to know if I will have difficulty getting a job at a hagwon with this degree?

Thank You.
Coltronator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sell yourself/degree as being from the U.K. It is an overseas territory and part of the UK. When they ask where the university is just say in the UK. Never say anything more.
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Will my Bachelor's degree be accepted in Korea? Reply with quote

pbs301 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently joined these forums as I am moving to Korea next month. I currently have a F4 visa and a TESOL certificate. I also obtained my Associates degree at a local college. I will be graduating from the University of Science, Arts, and Technology (USAT) with a Bachelors of Education. Here is some information about the university from their website:

USAT is fully accredited and licensed by the Ministry of Education of Montserrat. The University is also fully accredited with the UK based ASIC program. This accreditation is fully recognized in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Montserrat, and many other locations, as it focuses on International Accreditation.

Source: http://usat.edu/aboutus/

I would like to know if I will have difficulty getting a job at a hagwon with this degree?

Thank You.

Exactly as the other fellow said. Say your degree is from the U.K. It is a part of the United Kingdom. Don't volunteer much more unless you have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: