Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO COLLECT PENSION AT AIRPORT & RETURN NEXT DAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrylos

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody on a marriage visa (F6) that quit a job but kept their ARC and collected pension from previous jobs?

I would like to collect but keep my visa status, which expires in 2017. Whether or not I get another job, that's my business, but I want to collect from my current (soon to be ex) job without losing my f6. And yes, I will be leaving the country for 5-8 months before returning once my job ends in June.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjstarbuck wrote:
Yes, you would need a multiple-entry visa and an e-2 or a d-10 are both multiple entry.

Oh really? That surprises me. I remember traveling out of Korea years ago and needing to get a multiple entry beforehand. I was on an E2 then. I could be mistaken, but that's certainly the way I remember it.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Americans automatically get a multiple entry visa. Mine is not Sad
danby_ll

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrylos wrote:
Anybody on a marriage visa (F6) that quit a job but kept their ARC and collected pension from previous jobs?

I would like to collect but keep my visa status, which expires in 2017. Whether or not I get another job, that's my business, but I want to collect from my current (soon to be ex) job without losing my f6. And yes, I will be leaving the country for 5-8 months before returning once my job ends in June.

I'd also like to know this! I'm on an F6, left my job in February so have not payed into pension since then. I have over 13 million won in my account and would really love to collect it on my way to Canada this summer. Will I be able to collect the money at the airport and not have to give up my visa? Would love advice from anyone on an F6 who has done this.
ToySurprise

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danby_ll wrote:
thrylos wrote:

I'd also like to know this! I'm on an F6, left my job in February so have not payed into pension since then. I have over 13 million won in my account and would really love to collect it on my way to Canada this summer. Will I be able to collect the money at the airport and not have to give up my visa? Would love advice from anyone on an F6 who has done this.

I have a similar situation. I would also like to know if it is possible to collect accumulated pension on an F6 without giving up my visa (In other words, leaving the country for a bit, getting the pension amount, and then coming back to Korea with the F6 visa still intact and usable).

Considering how few people have responded, I'm not holding out any hope. My guess is, it's not possible to get the pension without canceling your visa on exit. However, it would definitely be nice if it were possible.
danby_ll

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToySurprise wrote:
danby_ll wrote:
thrylos wrote:

I have a similar situation. I would also like to know if it is possible to collect accumulated pension on an F6 without giving up my visa (In other words, leaving the country for a bit, getting the pension amount, and then coming back to Korea with the F6 visa still intact and usable).

Considering how few people have responded, I'm not holding out any hope. My guess is, it's not possible to get the pension without canceling your visa on exit. However, it would definitely be nice if it were possible.

I read about someone doing it on an F6 but was hoping there were others so I'm not just going off one guy's experience. Since someone else in this thread did it on a D10, I don't see why it wouldn't work on an F6. I think I'm going to give it a shot in July. But if anyone else tries before then, I would love to hear about it!
thrylos

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danby_ll wrote:
ToySurprise wrote:
danby_ll wrote:
thrylos wrote:

I read about someone doing it on an F6 but was hoping there were others so I'm not just going off one guy's experience. Since someone else in this thread did it on a D10, I don't see why it wouldn't work on an F6. I think I'm going to give it a shot in July. But if anyone else tries before then, I would love to hear about it!

OK, we talked to a friend who also happens to be an attorney (commercial/investment law, so not exactly his field). He told us that pension and immi do not necessarily communicate, esp concerning 'permanent residents', ie F5/6s. Doing business with one doesn't alert the other. He recommended we file with the pension office and ask to collect using my existing Korean bank once I've been released from employment. Whether or not I'll actually get approved is up to the pension officer we deal with at the time. (LEt's hope he's not suffering from a too massive soju hangover and/or has gotten laid in the last week or so!)

When I leave Korea and immi asks "Are you planning on returning to Korea", just say yes and keep the ARC. You have 364 days from departure to reenter Korea with the valid visa/ARC card before it becomes void, at least for the f6s.

I have collected pension in the past while still in Korea and in a new job with a different pension office. (Went from public to private pension about 10 years ago). No reason to think it's any different now, but we'll see....
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've gone to the NPS and applied for airport payment.

I was given a pamphlet on how to recieve the airport lump sum.
Under "How to Recieve" Step 1-
Hand in forms of "Application for Lump-sum Refund" and "Application for lump-sum refund at the airport"- Is this what I did at the regional NPS office? the only paperwork I seem to have is "certificate of acceptance of application for lump-sum refund"

Step 2- Recieve "Statement of lump-sum refund" and "Direction for paymet of lump-sum refund" from the airport office after handing in the" "filing reciept" is this the same as the "certificate of acceptance of application for lump-sum refund" ? Cause that's all I got.

The following steps seem pretty straight forward as any paperwork is given to you at the airport.

Someone please enlighten me. I need this cash. I really can't wait a month for it to be deposited in my account.

Thanks guys!
J.Q.A.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBwannabe wrote:

Hand in forms of "Application for Lump-sum Refund" and "Application for lump-sum refund at the airport"- Is this what I did at the regional NPS office? the only paperwork I seem to have is "certificate of acceptance of application for lump-sum refund"

Step 2- Recieve "Statement of lump-sum refund" and "Direction for paymet of lump-sum refund" from the airport office after handing in the" "filing reciept" is this the same as the "certificate of acceptance of application for lump-sum refund" ? Cause that's all I got.

The following steps seem pretty straight forward as any paperwork is given to you at the airport.

Someone please enlighten me. I need this cash. I really can't wait a month for it to be deposited in my account.

Thanks guys!

That is a good question.

I have one, regarding this "Certificate of Employment"...

If someone wants to leave before the end of the contract...can one still collect pension? Basically, if someone is pulling a runner, is that lack of Certificate of Employment going to be a barrier?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Q.A. wrote:
OBwannabe wrote:

Thanks guys!
If someone wants to leave before the end of the contract...can one still collect pension? Basically, if someone is pulling a runner, is that lack of Certificate of Employment going to be a barrier?

No. You just need to go to the pension office and apply for the refund.
They don't care if you are leaving early or not.

Alias77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
J.Q.A. wrote:

No. You just need to go to the pension office and apply for the refund.
They don't care if you are leaving early or not.

I'm looking for some updated clarification on that point.

From the NPS English link http://english.nps.or.kr/jsppage/english/scheme/scheme_04.jsp :

1. Payment at the airport is available only when the beneficiary leaves on a flight from 10:30 to 22:30, Mon to Fri. (not available on official holidays) and the former employer of the insured person makes a termination report to NPS at least one day before the departure date.

I have 4 questions:

1 ) Are they really checking with former employers if you have ended your employment?

2) Is it possible to do this while still working?

3) Is a Korean bank account ok? I found mixed answers on blogs.

4) Does the destination of the flight matter? Anyone ever try cancelling their flight and just remaining?

I'm interested in collecting the money, but want to avoid giving up my visa status.
Alias77

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has done this on an F visa (and returned either the next day or a few days later) and can please explain what happened, that would be greatly appreciated.
avteacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cool but... Reply with quote

beentheredonethat777 wrote:
travlanders wrote:
The original poster went to great length to share and develop this and for that I am in debt. However....

I do not believe there is mention of any documentation. What I am refering to is the criminal background check and other garbage you have to do now to get an E2. My primary concern is not whether or not I can get the pension but whether I can get the pension and not have to resubmit the criminal background check. Perhaps this was mentioned and I missed it, not sure.

My plan is to do this.

1) file for the pension with a 1-way ticket and airport lump sum
2) the day before my flight change my visa to a d10
3) pick up the money at the airport the day of
4) leave for a vacay without forfeiting my ARC
5) come back on another one way with my d10 and money

Will it work? Not sure but it seems a lot more safe with regards to keeping the documents needed in place for my next job.

Yes, this is will work. Criminal Background Checks and Pension are not even remotely connected(#5- May not be possible. How can you return with a D-10?
How exactly do you plan to do this?

My original post was written specifically for people who wanted to collect their pension and return quickly to Korea to find new employment.

You should get the D10 AFTER you come back to Korea. #5 doesn't seem plausible. How would it be possible to return with a D-10 visa? You must apply for a change of visa status within 15 days of completing your contract.(or at least BEFORE your ARC expires)
It takes anywhere from 7 days to 21 days to receive the D-10/(usually)

As long as your ARC card is still valid, I would do this as soon as I returned from vacation. (How long of a vacation are you planning?)

You should not have to re-submit any documents to immigration if you are out of the country for less than 90 days. However, some schools may ask for new documents. Choose your next contract wisely.

Try to work with your new school to date the contract in a manner that lines up with immigration rules.

I think you're good to go.

I really want to cash out my pension at the end of my contract in February. I might or might not leave my current job. My current boss wants to me to stay and is willing to let me leave the country for one day to collect my pension. However, he doesn't know much about this process. He is worried that I might have to submit new documents once I get back. From what I've read, immigration and pension are not connected.

I am collecting my pension so I can use it to qualify for the F2-99 visa (requires 30mil in savings + 5 years on the same visa). I have 7 years on my current E2 visa & don't want it to get reset because of pension.

The current plan:
1) have my school call and confirm my exit with NPS
2) apply for pension asking for airport lump sum
3) get a one-way ticket to japan or hong kong
4) collect pension
5) fly back the next day
6) sign a new contract with my current school a week later

Everyone should be fine because I have 13 months on my E2 visa, right? As long as everything is done before the 13 months are up, nothing will reset.

Any info or advice would be appreciated. TIA!
Mr Lee's Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: leaving for one day to collect pension Reply with quote

If you have a viable E2 or D10, NPS won't pay out. You would need to turn in your ARC card and have your current employer cancel your work visa to be paid. Then, you would have to do the process from scratch to resume employment on a new visa. You'd have to do a visa run outside of Korea.

The NPS is a really good agency with English speakers and solid rules. You could go to them and explain your situation and ask whether they would disburse the funds as a special circumstance in an effort to obtain the F visa. Worth a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: