Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Background check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Background check Reply with quote

I have a few questions. I have worked before on my American passport.
Is it fine to work on my Canadian passport? How long would a Canadian background check take? Anyway, to expedite it? I have been living in Turkey for a little over 2 years now. Would I have to do a background check there, as well?

I was in Korea from 2011 to 2014 on my American passport. I have my apostille for dıplomas. I need to apply for my background check soon.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Background check Reply with quote

Adventurer wrote:
Is it fine to work on my Canadian passport? How long would a Canadian background check take? Anyway, to expedite it? I have been living in Turkey for a little over 2 years now. Would I have to do a background check there, as well?

I was in Korea from 2011 to 2014 on my American passport. I have my apostille for dıplomas. I need to apply for my background check soon.

An RCMP check from abroad still takes about 4-6 months
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-time-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks
and still needs to be authenticated at either the Korean embassy/consulate in Canada or the Canadian embassy in Korea. They MAY accept an RCMP check that is authenticated by a Canadian embassy in a 3rd country.
Canada is NOT a member of the apostille treaty so you cannot get one for your RCMP check.

You don't need one from Turkey. Just the country of passport.

Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Background check Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
Adventurer wrote:

An RCMP check from abroad still takes about 4-6 months
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-time-criminal-record-and-vulnerable-sector-checks
and still needs to be authenticated at either the Korean embassy/consulate in Canada or the Canadian embassy in Korea. They MAY accept an RCMP check that is authenticated by a Canadian embassy in a 3rd country.
Canada is NOT a member of the apostille treaty so you cannot get one for your RCMP check.

You don't need one from Turkey. Just the country of passport.

Thanks for the information, old friend. I hope you are doing well and had a good Christmas. I remember talking to you years ago, and it was a pleasant conversation. You wouldn't remember. It was back in 2007 when I was living in Cheonan. It is good to know that I wouldn't need a check from Turkey.
isitts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Background check Reply with quote

Adventurer wrote:

Stick with your American passport. You can use channelers that can get you the FBI check within a week or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: