Joined: 30 Dec 2017
|Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:32 am Post subject: Wanting job in 'dream' coastal city. Ideas?
|I lived in Gangneung a few years ago and really, really loved it. Now I live outside of Seoul and can't wait to leave it.
Looking at cities all over the SK coast and it's hard to tell what life is really like there. I need 'the hive' mind for advice! If you know of an awesome coastal city, could you let me know the name and answer the following questions?
Just a heads-up, I'm not looking for a big city. Sorry Busan lovers! I like that small(ish) town feel.
1. How accessible is the beach?
2. How accessible are the mountains/hiking?
3. What is the foreign community like?
4. How is the nightlife? This includes foreigner friendly and Korean bars.
6. How are the attitudes towards wagooks, generally speaking?
7. From your experience and other foreigners you know, how would you describe your living situation (aka: apartment)?
8. One cool thing you discovered in the city
Any help would be much appreciated! I've searched through many posts, but haven't been able to find one that is general enough for just 'coastal.' Plus, Korea changes so fast, so an updated post may be nice for other wanderers out there too!
Thank you kindly!