Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renewing / obtaining an F6 visa overseas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kavanluc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Renewing / obtaining an F6 visa overseas? Reply with quote

Hello,

After living in the states for a few years, my Korean wife and I are planning to move back to Korea in the near future (date TBD). Soon I'll begin applying for jobs through EPIK and I had a couple visa-related questions.

While living in Korea previously, I married a Korean and obtained an F-6 visa. However, in the time we've lived in the States that visa has expired. So my questions are:

1) In applying for new jobs, should I just go through the E-2 process again, then change to F-6 when in Korea?

2) Is it possible to renew my expired F-6 visa or obtain a new one before moving to Korea?

That's about it. I would appreciate any help. I've Googled around on the subject and not been successful, so I thought I'd ask around here.

Thanks!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be mistaken but I am pretty sure you cannot renew your old F6 but you CAN get a new F6 if you have the documentation (and wife) with you.

Contact your local Korean consulate (or have your wife call them).

davyteacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my f-6 visa in England by submitting documents but it was easier that I had a child born in Korea, usually you need to financial support etc. I got the f-6 visa on a temporary basis until I go to to see immigration but I dont know what documents I will need when I go there. I tried to get car insurance on my old arc number but it was refused so have to wait till I get a new number I suppose.
Yaya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Renewing / obtaining an F6 visa overseas? Reply with quote

kavanluc wrote:
Hello,

After living in the states for a few years, my Korean wife and I are planning to move back to Korea in the near future (date TBD). Soon I'll begin applying for jobs through EPIK and I had a couple visa-related questions.

While living in Korea previously, I married a Korean and obtained an F-6 visa. However, in the time we've lived in the States that visa has expired. So my questions are:

1) In applying for new jobs, should I just go through the E-2 process again, http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/korea/then change to F-6 when in Korea?

2) Is it possible to renew my expired F-6 visa or obtain a new one before moving to Korea?

That's about it. I would appreciate any help. I've Googled around on the subject and not been successful, so I thought I'd ask around here.

Thanks!

Yeah, you just need to get a new one and this shouldn't be hard. Try getting the F5 if you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: