Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet place in Seoul, even in Korea ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew345

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Quiet place in Seoul, even in Korea ? Reply with quote

I am getting a little ( a lot ) noise sensitive. I went for a walk in the park, there was music piped in throughout the park. That was OK, but little cafes had other music playing so it became just a noise. I go to a cafe, loud music (really annoying crying type music). On the bus, music... On the sidewalk, loud music from phone stores with their speakers faced outwards. I even went to a seaside temple... busloads of people and salespeople shouting...
It's not just the noise, but now I wonder why the noise doesn't bother anyone else ? Nobody says "Hey LG store, why is your speaker on the street ? Put your music inside!"
I know this is just a rant and thanks for reading.
I do actually like watching people and active places, just the associated noise (especially if pointless noise) is getting to me.
Underwaterbob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost non-existent. Even in this one school I teach at that is in as podunk a village as you can find in Korea do the farmers blare radio or even recorded gunshots (I kid you not. Every twenty minutes or so. KABLAM!) over the fields to scare off birds.

The best place to find quiet is near less popular mountains in the off-season. Chiaksan, Woraksan, Songrisan. Don't go during a nice weekend in the spring or fall though because even the least popular mountain in the country will be crowded then and you'll have to hike for hours to get away from the noise. Best to go when the weather is awful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: