Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

immigration office refused to process F3 spouse visa?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guava

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-am-me wrote:
Are you hard headed? She is going to get a tourist visa good for 90 days. No one is going to give her an F-3 visa in Manila. You got it now?

Yes there is a problem, the OP has been advised multiple times by multiple people on the proper procedure, and he can't accept it.
OP is posting mis-information.
Young FRANKenstein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guava wrote:
I-am-me wrote:
Are you hard headed? She is going to get a tourist visa good for 90 days. No one is going to give her an F-3 visa in Manila. You got it now?

Yes there is a problem, the OP has been advised multiple times by multiple people on the proper procedure, and he can't accept it.
OP is posting mis-information.

If the wife needs proof of employment and tax whatever FOR HERSELF, then she will not be given the tourist visa. She is not employed in Korea.

If it is sufficient that HER HUSBAND's information is enough, then she will.

We don't know yet if the latter is true or not yet.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-am-me wrote:
You apply for a visa issuance number here in Korea. She takes that number to the korean embassy in manila along with her passport, marriage certificate certified by NSO and if you are american, an affadavit from the US embassy that you are married. It might have been a notorized marriage certificate...i dont remember. She can call the korean consulate and ask what she needs. If they approve her visa, she gets a C-3 tourist visa. When she arrives in Korea you change it to an F-3 dependent visa. Not sure if policy has changed but it was like that 2 yrs ago. I dont know of any filipina that has come on an F-3 visa to Korea after getting a visa issuance number.

My wife has always arrived on an F3.

I have always obtained an visa issuance number in advance.

She takes that + her passport, application, fee and photo to the Korean embassy in Manila and obtained her F3.

She has NEVER had to get a C3 and arrive as a tourist.

(same with my daughter).

I-am-me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met 2 other couples including myself and our wifes all came on C-3 visas. We had to go to immigration and change them within 90 days to F-3s. Not sure how Tompatz got his wife an F-3? A little detail might make all the difference.

To make things easier...have wife call korean consulate and ask what exactly you need to do to get her to korea. I am American so I know what I needed. Not sure about you guys.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
I-am-me wrote:
You apply for a visa issuance number here in Korea. She takes that number to the korean embassy in manila along with her passport, marriage certificate certified by NSO and if you are american, an affadavit from the US embassy that you are married. It might have been a notorized marriage certificate...i dont remember. She can call the korean consulate and ask what she needs. If they approve her visa, she gets a C-3 tourist visa. When she arrives in Korea you change it to an F-3 dependent visa. Not sure if policy has changed but it was like that 2 yrs ago. I dont know of any filipina that has come on an F-3 visa to Korea after getting a visa issuance number.

My wife has always arrived on an F3.

I have always obtained an visa issuance number in advance.

She takes that + her passport, application, fee and photo to the Korean embassy in Manila and obtained her F3.

She has NEVER had to get a C3 and arrive as a tourist.

(same with my daughter).

Are you saying that every time one leaves the country (at contract's end and then comes back) his Filipino wife has to stay behind until he gets a visa issuance number?

He can't bring his wife with him to Korea until she gets the number? And this is for every time he gets a new job?
I-am-me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
guava

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young FRANKenstein wrote:

If the wife needs proof of employment and tax whatever FOR HERSELF, then she will not be given the tourist visa. She is not employed in Korea.

If it is sufficient that HER HUSBAND's information is enough, then she will.

We don't know yet if the latter is true or not yet.

Sorry to disagree with you, but...
We know it is true due to the fact that it has been done so many times.
Responders to the OP have explained that it has been done, and how it has been done.
This advice is not hearsay, it is personal experience.

Spouse can obtain either dependant visa or visitor visa, depending on procedure of the spouse who is doing the inviting.

I could say plenty of bad things about Korean Immigration, but one thing is for sure,
they don't deny a visitor visa to spouse B if spouse A has a job and a visa to stay in Korea.

Additionally, Philippine citizens come to Korea on visitor visa to attend academic conference, trade show, religious conference, and various cultural events.

In the case of the OP and his "impossible", negative thoughts, nothing's gonna happen.
I know that he meant to say "not possible" and I was trying to set him straight.

OP asks for advice and also insists that what he wants is impossible to accomplish. Thats nuts.
depth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife got her F3 visa today. We are so glad the ordeal is finally over! She was given a C3 tourist visa from the Korean embassy in manila and then she applied to change it from C3 to F3 spouse visa at our local immigration office in busan.

Here is a run down of our experiences.
We tried to apply for a F3 visa issuance number at the busan immigration office but were told it was not possible because we weren�t applying for both my E2 visa and her F3 visa at the same time (I had renewed my contract 2 months prior). Immigration confirmed it is only possible to get an F3 visa if your employer applies for both your E2 visa and your wife�s F3 visa at the same time (ie when u start a new job or renew your contract).

So we had to apply for a visa at the korean embassy in manila. We tried to apply for an F3 visa in manila but the embassy told us it was not possible. They said we can apply for a C3 tourist visa and then get it changed over to a F3 visa once my wife arrives in korea. C3 tourist visa is valid for 60days (no fee) or 90 days (1500 peso).

Here are the documents we submitted to successfully receive a C3 tourist visa:

1) Visa application form
2) Photocopy of NSO marriage certificate
3) Wife�s passport
4) Photocopy of wife�s passport
5) CFO Certificate photocopy (as you will need to give original certificate back to CFO when getting CFO sticker)
6) 2 passport size photos (white background)
7) Photocopy of my passport
8 Photocopy of my Korean alien ID card
9) Photocopy of my employment certificate
10) Photocopy of my bank account bank book
11) Photocopy of my employment contract
12) invitation letter from employer
13) Invitation letter from me
14) proof of my tax payments in korea (my workplace produced this document)

My wife lived 4 hours by bus so we used a Visa agent. Their fees were about the same costs that would have been for my wife�s travel and accommodation to manila. We used Global Tours Consultancy. The manager�s name is Kay and she did a good job. Her details - Unit 253 Cityland Pioneer Condominium , 128 Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City. Email: [email protected] Ph- (02) 7467935 mobile ph: 09995605980. We wrote a letter of authority giving Kay permission to act on our behalf and submit documents to the embassy.

My wife also got her CFO certificate. But she did not get the CFO sticker (placed in her passport) because the Korean embassy only gave her a tourist visa which didn�t require the CFO at all. (immigration in Korea didn�t ask to see the CFO certificate when we applied to change from C3 visa to F3 visa). But we took the green and yellow copies of the CFO certificate and the CFO payment receipt to the airport as a precautionary measure. Some people have reported problems with the airport immigration about fake CFO certificates so we were advised to also bring the CFO payment receipt.

We were also advised that my wife required a return ticket back to the Philippines because she only had a C3 tourist visa. That the immigration officials at manila airport would not let her leave the country without a valid return ticket back to the Philippines. So we purchased a return ticket and are now applying for a refund for the return leg of the journey.

When my wife arrived in Korea we went to the local immigration office in Busan. Here are the documents we submitted to successfully receive a F3 spouse visa:

1) wife�s passport
2) color photo 3 or 4 inch
3) original and photocopy of marriage certificate
4) my alien card
5) 60,000 won application fee
6) application form

We were able to keep our original marriage certificate, immigration just wanted to sight the original document. They also asked if we could register the marriage in Australia (as im an aussie) but the Australian government doesn�t register overseas marriages (same with USA, UK & Canada) because they accept the philippines marriage certificate as a legal document (per the Hague convention). So we told them this wasn�t possible and the immigration official said she would call the Australian embassy in seoul to confirm.

After a 10 day wait we went and picked up my wifes new alien card and her passport. Her alien card expiry date is the same as mine. Just as a side note, there no longer is a fee for multi entry within sojourn period and E2 visa�s are now valid for 13 months (and so will the F3 spouse visa).

Smile
paldal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depth wrote:

then my wife would have been in korea 1 year ago and we would have gotten married in korea...but instead we have had to get married in phillipines and still after 12 months of bs we are still trying to reunite.

We got married here in Korea, but.... we have a different experience last week at Suwon Immigration Office.

We registered our marriage at local Gu office last month, received 수리증명서 (Certificate of Acceptance or Korean Verification of Registration of Marriage).

Both of us are non-Koreans by the way. If one of the spouses is Korean, I understood that they will issue 혼인관계증명서 (Marriage Relation Certificate) instead.

Anyway, we attempted to convert my wife's C-3-1 (short term visitor) visa to F-3 spouse visa by presenting 수리증명서, it was turned down by the Immigration officer.

He said that 수리증명서 was not a legal document.

We are kind of shocked to hear that a Korean document, written in the Korean language, issued by a Korean Gu office, does not have any legality in this country.

Any similar experience from non-Korean couples?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: