Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACE Recruiting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedellinHeel

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: ACE Recruiting? Reply with quote

Anyone not been able to get these guys to respond to an email?

They have many jobs listed and i've emailed them a few times but no dice.
jodie1903

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, same thing with me
World Traveler

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good experiment:

Have a female friend from the United States send an application and see what happens.

(I would bet on an instant response.)
wanthony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd steer clear if I were you:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=232113&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Kepler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it looks like they have tons of people recommending their agency. Quotes from their testimonial page:

"Julia Kim is the most professional recruiter I have worked with."

"After working with several recruiting agencies that proved ultimately fruitless, Julia from Ace Recruiting was a breath of fresh air."

"She regularly stays in touch, and is always available for advice regarding work, or adjusting to life in Korea."

"I thank you with all my heart."

"I absolutely love my new workplace and I'm glad to know that if I should ever encounter problems, I can count on Julia to help."

"Julia has been the best recruiter I have ever worked with. She found me an amazing job, always answered all my questions quickly, was always available to answer questions and was unfailingly kind."

"ACE Recriting provided me a personalised and at times comforting guidance before and after the my first day in Korea."
PRagic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to keep a cut-and-paste reply to this kind of inquiry, but here it goes:

1) You should be using a TON of recruiters, any and all, to find the best job for you.

2) Remember that the recruiters don't work for you, they work for a potential employer. They want to get you into any job vacancy they have so that they can get paid.

3) You are under no obligation to tell any given recruiter how many services you are utilizing.

4) Get all your paperwork in order (see the stickies) so that you can move on an offer if it's what you're looking for.

5) While you're at it, put your resume up on the link. Someone might just find YOU.

Good luck with the job hunt....
Creed69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of Julia Kim and Ace ESL teacher/consulting agency. I have used her and my experience was not very pleasant. Others I know had similar experiences .Do not trust her ! Disregard the fake spoof testimonials too , just bait and they are all placed by her .She literally told me "I don't care" when a problem arose with the school she placed me at before abruptly hanging up on me. She is extremely rude, condescending and one beer short of a six pack. Go with other recruiters who also have better schools. Seems she only gets the bottom of the barrel with unscrupulous directors anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: