Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loosing weight....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellofaniceguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Loosing weight.... Reply with quote

It's been posted on this site over the past few days about the "big beautiful, full figured people." And here's my 2 cents worth; NO diet will work UNTIL the person is ready to loose weight! If they don't want to, they won't! It has NOTHING to do with western food vs. korean food, etc...
Some people are born with the "fat gene" and some of you are not! Some people are unhappy, bored, couch potatoes, etc. and find solace in eating. Others just like to eat! Some of you can eat like a elephant and stay slim and others can just smell food and gain weight. I don't think fat people like being fat, but I think they get to a point and find it difficult to reverse the process. Some are just lazy or have no will power to loose the fat.
BUT, one can eat ALL they want and stay slim IF, IF, they exercise everyday! No exercise, no weight lost! Unless you're in jail and are starving!
I have seen some fat koreans, both male and female. Some really big heffers! Some koreas in the past were fat LONG before western food was in korea! No one forces food down one's throat!
So, until the fat lady sings, no weight lost! I'll admit though, it's not a "sight for sore eyes" looking at a big heffer!
Felix the Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: laziness Reply with quote

Without regular cardiovascular exercise, the vast majority of fat people will not lose a substantial amount of weight. So many are in denial about this.

"Okay, this time I'll stop snacking on chocolate at half past the hour, and eat fried foods instead until top of the hour, when I switch back. This way I'll trick my metabolism into not digesting the food, and I'll magically become slim without breaking a sweat! I'll write a book, call it the Porcile Diet, and make millions!"

Dream on.
william beckerson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that as long as I can do the things I do in my life with ease, then I dont need to exercise more than I already am.

Then again, I'm lacking that vainity that tells me to be have bigger pecs than everyone else.
Tobacco Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Losing or Loosing? Reply with quote

This is shameless of me, but I've really got to wonder whether (weather?) you're losing or loosing? That's to say, are you letting your weight off the leash ("loosing" it), or misplacing it in a PC room or on the subway?

Funny, I made this mistake for the longest time myself. I also "lead" a weight-gaining lifestyle for the longest time . . .

God, I'll hate myself for this in the morning . . .

Tobacco Fiend (Friend?), aka Spellcheck

On a more serious note: Adkins diet. Eat meat--red meat. And eggs, lots and lots of eggs. Get off the carbs. It works!
another old hand vet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Want to lose weight, see below Reply with quote

If you are serious about losing weight, I suggest you read below.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

John Walker is truly a modern day genius. You can learn a lot by studying his website.

Good luck-- it worked for me.
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weight is tight. How do I loose it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: