Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Runs...Osaka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthews_world

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reserved a room for Sunday 5/30 at the Comfort Inn through Yahoo! Travel. It`s called the Comfort Hotel here in Japan. They seemed to be the cheapest at 6,000Y for a single and 8,000 for a double.

They were located in Higashi-Shibashi near a big shopping area called Shinshibaishi-Suji.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by matthews_world on Sun May 30, 2004 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
panthermodern

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

June 1, Tuesday ...

Osaka

What help PM me ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

june 4th, next friday. i've done it once before, but i'm doing it again.
panthermodern

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osaka
Tuesday
June 1

10:00am

If you need help PM me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i'm not goin on friday. immagration didn't accept my notorised degree. weird.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:
So, is someone going to make a visa run sticky with lots of infor for Osaka and Fukuoka? I cannot contribute much as I have not been on a visa run since 1996.

stuck by kangnamdragon Wink
Please post all future visa run dates here. Maybe someone else can assist/accompany you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
saint_moi

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back after 2 nights spent in Shinsaibashi, and all I can say is that from what I saw and felt,.. Japan rocks. Peoples attitudes were Way different in Japan. There was style, real style there. People weren't clones. People weren't staring. People didn't look dismal or stressed out. The youth looked laid-back and individual. Anyhoo. I suspect Japan would be ten fold more interestin than kimchi perdition.

my 2c.
panthermodern

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I will be getting on a plane tomorrow at 10 AM.

I have done the run 3 times so far ...

PM me ...
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, someone mentioned this thread to me, so I might as well throw my hat in the ring.

I'm going on the visa run either Wednesday, June 9th or Friday, June 11th. It's a one-day trip for me. Don't know any other specifics yet.

I've done a visa run in Osaka before, but not from the airport, so I don't know how to get to Shinsaibashi. How do you manage that?

Edit: Okay, so I take the high-speed train to Namba. Then I found my own directions from last year's run.
matthews_world

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Rapit' train is the fastest way to get downtown.

Just take it to Namba and get off. I suppose you could walk from there to Shinshibaishi, the next station. You could also take the subway.

I couldn't believe how expensive subways were in Japan. I took a subway 3 stops and transferred once and I think I paid 800 yen. Does that sound right?

The Rapit Train to Namba was about 20,000 won one-way. Subway from the airport is a little bit cheaper if I remember correctly.

At Shinsaibashi, take door number 25. Again, not sure. Walk up the street in the same direction. Cross a couple of streets and it will be on your left.

It opens at 9am. If you get there early, you will still hafta wait for your visa to be done at 4pm. The same secretary you give your application to starts processing them around 2:30 all in one batch.

I got there early and had to wait. They should have 2 different times - before/after lunch and 4pm. This way applicants could have more options to find flights out of Osaka.

Anyway, if you get there early and have the time, take a side trip. For now, visas will always be ready at 4pm.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by matthews_world on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkpoet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Staying somewhere cheap in Osaka... Reply with quote

Okay I do have a recommendation on staying somewhere cheap... Many thanks to the kind lady at the Canadian Embassy (about a block away from the Korean Consulate)... And sorry to the women, I'm pretty sure this is a men's only place but it was one of about 30 on a list of cheap hotels...

It's called the Hotel Aldebaran on the street directly behind the two embassies... and it cost me less than 2500 Yen. Sure, it's a capsule, but they gave me a nice robe to sleep in and I slept like a baby listening to classical music on the radio until about 9 am.

Directions: When you leave the Korean Embassy, walk against traffic along Midosuji Blvd., past the Daisan Shoho Building (which the Canadian Embassy is in). Turn right on the next side street, then turn right again... You'll probably notice that there's a place called The Big Step on this intersection... And the Hotel Aldebaran is on the right hand side... just look for the revolving door in a building quite a bit taller than all the adjacent buildings.

As side notes, directly across the street from The Big Step is a good and cheap PC Room where the owner speaks decent English. For less than 1000 Yen you can chill out with a cup of coffee and smoke in front of a computer for an hour or more. It's on the 4th floor of a 5-floor building. Oh yeah, and next to the Hotel is a weird building with a ton of cool bars in it.
azjen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Osaka Run Reply with quote

Looks like July 1 or July 8 for me. Just waiting for immigration to send the issuance letter. I've never been. Are there others slated for these two dates? Any assistance is appreciated.
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a hostel at the nagai stadium for under 3,000 yen. it's at the nagai metro stop. i've not actually been, but my friend stayed there and she said that it was clean and nice, so that's another option.
dull artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going to Osaka this weekend?
rawiri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading over on sunday with a fair bit of coin....anyone know of any good clubs open on sunday night i can get lashed at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: