Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F4 visas-again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: F4 visas-again Reply with quote

hey everyone....

i was wondering about the F4 visa for US citizens? do you need all of the same kind of stuff as the Canadians do?

how long is the visa good for? would employers like it better if i went ahead and got my own visa?

any info would be appreciated.
sunlit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a search on this board about f-4 visas
AND
ask the employer what they want you to do, some directors don't want you to get an f-4 in place of the e-2 because they will have very lil to hold over your head.
girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did do a search and came up empty that's why i posted the question on this forum.

i do research things before asking questions on this forum.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.koreagyopo.com/info_f4.html

All the f-4 Information you could ever dream of.
rumibaer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey girl,

i just went through the same thing in the past couple weeks..
basically if you look up different combinations of "F-4 Visa" and "Visa for gyopo's" etc. a lot of different sites should come up. Also, all you have to do is search for the Korean Consulate's website in your area, and their website will also have information about the F-4 as well as an online visa application form. I talked to many people- and I would say that as a fellow korean-american, I think you should just go ahead and get the F-4. It allows us much more freedom than an E-2 would.. for example, if for some reason you were fired from your job and wanted to quit, your visa status may not remain legit for you to stay in korea, whereas with the F-4 you can stay in Korea for 2 years at a time, and when/ if you want to renew it, you can do so without leaving Korea. (vs. having to make a visa run, once a year if you go the E-2 route).

It's mad easy to do too- just get together all the necessdary docs, fill the application out, go ( or send) to the nearest Korean Consulate, and it could be ready as soon as the next day. I just finished getting everything together, and in fact, speak of the devil- I'm going tomorrow to the Korean Consulate in my area to submit everything.

if you have anymore q's u can just pm or email me ^_~ hope this helps some!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: