Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

evear green- don't eat here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: evear green- don't eat here Reply with quote

this restuarant is located in itaewon down the street from burger king(not on the main road, the other one), and offers indian and thai food. anyway, we tried it yesterday, it's a new place, (they were handing out fliers in front of the metro, so we thought we'd give it a try).

the maitre d' was *really* pushy. he basically forced us to get the buffet eventhough none of us wanted it. there was meat in the allo gobi even though i repeatedly asked if there was (i'm a veggie). everything was cold and it cost 15,000, plus they charged us 3,000 for gross tea that had a weird skin on top of it.

there are a myriad of decent indian restos in the area, so i'd skip this one and go elsewhere.
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could he basically force you to do something you didn't want to do?
paperbag princess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was really pushy and we thought we'd give it a chance.
gajackson1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all here to contradict PP's view, but . . .

1 month ago, we had a b-day party for IguanaBox Turtle / going-away party for her son at EveraGreen. I hadn't read this thread before, but in light of our time there, I guess I should say they set up beautifully for it (a big T setup on the tables, like a small wedding), the buffet was very good; well balanced with dishes (a great mushroom soup, butter chicken, and wonderful naan as fast as we could eat it). Most of the buffet was on the warm/spicy ('slow burn,' as Christina calls it) side, but good lassis to wash it down.

They threw in a bottle of champagne & a large flower arrangement as well. All in all, we had a great time, although it may have been just because we booked ahead for a party of 15+.

We will probably give it a go again, and explore the menu a little, just to see if it was a fluke or not.

If anyone is interested, you exit out the subway at Itaewon Station, go around the corner (so you are walking directly away from the Hamilton, staying on the left side of the street). It is approximately 3 blocks down, 2nd floor, on the left. Think the spelling should have been EverGreen, but that makes it that much easier to find.

Regards,

G.
redd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW i read this?!?!
I went there last weekend- thought Thai and/or Indian sounded good. I was also pushed into eating the buffet and didn't find it particularly good. Warm, bland food. Won't do it again. I was the only customer in there the entire time - that really should have tipped me off. I just figured it was too early (5:30pm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: