Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bar-b-q or Southern US food

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
seoulunitarian



Joined: 06 Jul 2004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Bar-b-q or Southern US food Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good (i.e. comparable to Sonny's Bar-B-Q in the States) Bar-B-Q restaurant anywhere in Korea? How about a restaurant serving authentic southern US food? Thanks.

Daniel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dogbert



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: Killbox 90210

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post made me laugh, then cry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seoulunitarian



Joined: 06 Jul 2004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
This post made me laugh, then cry.


I'm crying too:( I actually thought about starting a Sonny's franchise in Seoul, but they said they're not expanding to Asia - ha! I think they'd have a good clientele here. It's regrettable they won't let me open one.

Daniel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryleeys



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Location: Columbia, MD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss grits... Crying or Very sad


Used to get them at the dining hall with my Korean friend every day... (although he put 14 pounds of butter in them for some reason)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zyzyfer



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: who, what, where, when, why, how?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
This post made me laugh, then cry.


Yes, yes it did. *sigh*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swiss James



Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Tony Roma's? They have BBQ ribs and such.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dogbert



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: Killbox 90210

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss James wrote:
what about Tony Roma's? They have BBQ ribs and such.


Now this post here, it just made me see red.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zyzyfer



Joined: 29 Jan 2003
Location: who, what, where, when, why, how?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
Swiss James wrote:
what about Tony Roma's? They have BBQ ribs and such.


Now this post here, it just made me see red.


Anyone who tries to compare them ribs to a pulled pork barbecue sandwich doused in six different kinds of barbecue sauces with hushpuppies and baked beans on the side hasn't been down south, apparently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryst Helmut



Joined: 26 Apr 2003
Location: In search of the elusive signature...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
dogbert wrote:
Swiss James wrote:
what about Tony Roma's? They have BBQ ribs and such.


Now this post here, it just made me see red.


Anyone who tries to compare them ribs to a pulled pork barbecue sandwich doused in six different kinds of barbecue sauces with hushpuppies and baked beans on the side hasn't been down south, apparently.


Anyone who doesn't eat said sandwich without corn on it, and pickles on the side hasn't been to Korea, apparently.

sorry, had to.....but for you all, I've a brick oven and will be bbqing a pig for 9 hours this weekend...the meat will fall off the bone.

!Shoosh

Ryst
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Arthur Fonzerelli



Joined: 22 Jan 2003
Location: Suwon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryst Helmut wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:
dogbert wrote:
Swiss James wrote:
what about Tony Roma's? They have BBQ ribs and such.


Now this post here, it just made me see red.


Anyone who tries to compare them ribs to a pulled pork barbecue sandwich doused in six different kinds of barbecue sauces with hushpuppies and baked beans on the side hasn't been down south, apparently.


Anyone who doesn't eat said sandwich without corn on it, and pickles on the side hasn't been to Korea, apparently.

sorry, had to.....but for you all, I've a brick oven and will be bbqing a pig for 9 hours this weekend...the meat will fall off the bone.

!Shoosh

Ryst


are you making your own sauce? I miss me sum pulled pork sandwich...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryleeys



Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Location: Columbia, MD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I want to go to a Baltimore Orioles' baseball game... sit in the upper deck at Camden Yards where I can see the warehouse and the skyline... and chow into a big ole plate of Boog's BBQ... that's a half pound of pit beef slathered in sauce with baked beans and corn on the side... I'll throw in a Guiness just cause then, life is perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International