Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to find cadbury chocolate - directions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Where to find cadbury chocolate - directions Reply with quote

Attention kiwis, brits, aussies and other affectionados of cadbury chocolate!

In act of charity, I will share with you a location where you can purchase cadbury chocolate in Seoul.

Take the green line to Hongik station and take exit 6. You you will see a pizza hut, walk towards it. Once at the pizza hut start walking up the hill, about 3/4 up the hill (if you pass a mickey Ds then you've gone to far).

In the sweet shop (forget the name but it's got purple and pink lights) you'll find the australian range of king size bars for 4000 won. There are also yowies, frodos, minature time outs, and small sizes of dream (white chocolate!).

Unfourtnantley it is only the Australian range, but for us kiwis this about as close to the Dunedin variety we're going to get this side of the equator.

A very statisfied crazy lemon girl who is feeling very full after eating almost half block of king size top deck. Very Happy
Mashimaro

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to write to John Howard and ask that you be given a medal for your service to Australians in this post Smile That chocolate tastes so good it should be illegal. Thanks again
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Where to find cadbury chocolate - directions Reply with quote

Do they have Caramello chocolate bars?
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medic - yes in the, in the big king size variety.

Mashimaro, no problem... I figure that the more people go then they'll start ordering moros, picnics, crunchies or even perky nanas!

CLG
FlagWaver

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just any old medal etiher.....I would advise awarding her the

Gold Medal of Honor for Extraordinary Achievement

And a certificate that would read something like this:

Quote:
For extraordinary heroism and courage on 05/04/03.
After organizing a volunteer party to advance and scout for special chocolate, crazylemongirl armed only with a backpack full of ESL teaching books, and while under heavy enemy fire, covered the advance-gallantly drawing the chocolate out of the store.
dogbert

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to find cadbury chocolate - directions Reply with quote

crazylemongirl wrote:
Attention kiwis, brits, aussies and other affectionados of cadbury chocolate!

In act of charity, I will share with you a location where you can purchase cadbury chocolate in Seoul.

Take the green line to Hongik station and take exit 6. You you will see a pizza hut, walk towards it. Once at the pizza hut start walking up the hill, about 3/4 up the hill (if you pass a mickey Ds then you've gone to far).

In the sweet shop (forget the name but it's got purple and pink lights) you'll find the australian range of king size bars for 4000 won. There are also yowies, frodos, minature time outs, and small sizes of dream (white chocolate!).

Unfourtnantley it is only the Australian range, but for us kiwis this about as close to the Dunedin variety we're going to get this side of the equator.

A very statisfied crazy lemon girl who is feeling very full after eating almost half block of king size top deck. Very Happy

That's not much more than they sell for in Oz.
djsmnc

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now...the person who can steer me toward Hershey's peanut butter cups and/or authentic peanut butter cookies (NOT the peanut butter cream filled crap, but the kind where a fork has been used to flatten it out!!) will receive sincere gratitude that will last for about 2 months which is when I go home anyway...
canuk2

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called the Sweet Shop. My fiancee and I are regular costomers for the hazelnut chocolate bars when we go to supper further up the hill to Sogno Italian by MacDonalds.
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three of these SWEET Shops in Daegu.

One if EMart Megaabox - Third or Fourth Floor.

One near the Outback Resturant in Downtown.

The other is across the street from the New downtown Pizza Hut that used to be McDonalds.

Bastards have Jelly Belly Jellybeans but no Licorice and will not get more Root Beer.

Skippy
Ella Bella

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also try the Shinsegae (not sure how to spell it) by the bus terminal. They have all sorts of goodies including Cadbury's and heaps of cheese. They also sell Cadbury's at Gallaria in Apgujong and the Hannam supermarket. Sounds like your place has a better selection though Wink
Igen_Weir

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for another place:

There is a candy store hidden in the bowles of Coex near the Air City Terminal that sells Cadbury's (Including fruit and nut) bars of various sizes as well as Lindnt from Switzerland. To find it go out the "backdoor" of O Link and follow the hall that leads back to Hyundai Dept. or go to the aircity terminal and take the esculators to the bottom.

Once last year (near Christmas) they also had Quality Street gift tins.

They also sell a large number of jellybeans.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of these places that sell Cadbury's choc sell energy choc? I love dark choc, but can't find it. Hersheys doesn't cut the mustard. Tastes like cooking chocolate. I've been to the one CLG said, but alas, there was no energy choc.
Samsung

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I buy a Mars bar?
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you a mini moro bar..... I still have some left.
Igen_Weir

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The psych man ^^

real men don't use smilies ... and I can spell "bowels", but at the time I was drunk.

As for the DARK CHOCOLATE lover ... do you mean "bitter sweet" because they sell Lindnt bittersweet in the Coex shop.

Yes, the avatar is from the the Lord of the Rings ... the ring is fresh off.

The power the power

power corupts and absolute power is kind of neat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: