Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find the Whitelists?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aremus

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Where can I find the Whitelists? Reply with quote

I've gone all through the forum and found plenty of blacklists, and even a couple grey lists, but I was hoping someone could point me towards some good recruiters... It's all fine and dandy to know who not to go with, but I think it would be far better to know who the gems are. Perhaps some people who are happy with the recruiters they went through? Also, if anyone has heard anything about Han Can recruiting or Teach Corp. recruiters that information would be wonderful. Thank you all very much.
itchy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[][][

Last edited by itchy on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aremus

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, so whitelists are out, but there has to be someone who got lucky and had a good first time experience with a recruiter. Thanks again
The King of Kwangju

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itchy - could you possibly give more vague, useless advice?

Aremus - myself and a couple of other guys on this board are working on an online database of schools and recruiters. They will be rated by the community, so some recruiters will naturally float to the top.

It's all very rough right now, but should be going in a few weeks. Keep an eye out for it.
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Whitelist Reply with quote

This site has a white list of hagwons however they do not list recruiters

http://www.geocities.com/teflgroup/koreawhitelist.html
Aremus

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for trying to help out, and I know that the old-timers don't use recruiters and visiting the country is the perfered method of getting the job, but unfortunatly due to circumstances beyond my control that won't be possible. Crying or Very sad I really just need the names of a few reputable recruiters that people were satisfied with when they first made the trek over the pond. Thanks again
itchy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[][][

Last edited by itchy on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aremus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You misunderstand. The purpose of helping is not to be vague and useless, but to be concrete and helpful. My understanding of the nation has nothing to do with whether or not someone found their recruiter useful and would recommend them. Very Happy
Skippy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone else put it. Schools in korea are so Static and Unreliable. One person could say school X is great. While another person says School X is &^&**.

Also mix in small schools. Many times people will not heard of a small hagwon in blah-gu Korea. They may have 1 or two teachers. SImply put it may be great or it may suck toilet water. And most people will not have heard about it. So Whitelists and for that matter blacklists are limited.

Then you have chains and franchises. Some like ECC depend on the school. Or you can have chains that month to month will go from hell to heaven.

So if you want advice to which school to go to - give specfics. I would like to work in *****. I want to teach children (or adults). Then it is your duty to dig for the dirt on the school. Asking on this board. Taking to the school and asking to speak to teachers.

Good luck finding a Job.

Skippy The Evil Twin Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: