Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are These Guys OK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyLove

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Are These Guys OK? Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had heard of, or had had experience dealing with the following people:

Joe Lee, academic director of Little Campus in Pusan? This gentleman posted an add for ESL job on this site. I seem to remember reading some negative about one of the Little Campuses but dont remember which city it was.

What about A&T Consulting in Pusan? I have spoken to a recruiter by the name of Sunny about a position in Gwanju. She is REALLY friendly, over the top!, ex: talking about her plans for the weekend, the weather,... but the thing that tops everything is that when I forwarded her my photo she replied: "I think you'r very famous for women!! right?". A little unproffessional... Is saying something like generally accepted in Korea?

If anyone could let me know anything about these people, I would really appreciate!

Also, can anyone let me know how the city of Gwanju is?

Thanks

BL
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Are These Guys OK? Reply with quote

BobbyLove wrote:
I seem to remember reading some negative about one of the Little Campuses but dont remember which city it was.BL

Someone posted a complaint about Little Campus Jangyu on the old board on the 8th January.

====================
Korean Job Discussion Forum
Little Campus Jangyu
Posted By: rich <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]?subject=Little Campus Jangyu>>
Date: Wednesday, 8 January 2003, at 4:07 a.m.
Stay away from this place, the director is a total w###ker.He will put you in a dump to live in, won't answer when you call, miss your pay days and behave violently towards any female teachers. Even the Korean teachers got fed up. I watched one rageing arguement between him and a Korean teahcer. I think however that soon he will go bankrupt so with any luck no one ever experance him again.
The Lemon

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A little unproffessional... Is saying something like generally accepted in Korea?

I'd consider it unprofessional, but yes, it's common here. How you look is valued as highly as your training and experience. And they're not shy about that, though we may find it demeaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: