Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Cameras and PC Bangs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aremus

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Digital Cameras and PC Bangs Reply with quote

Probably a dumb question, but I was planning on getting a spiffy digital Camera before I leave for Korea and was wondering if its easy/possible to upload pictures at a PC Bang. Never used an Internet Cafe before so I don't know if they have rules against uploading/downloading stuff to their computers or plugging USB things into them. Thanks for the help
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go to a PC bang that was write protected. You could save things on the computer but as soon as it was restarted. It should be fine as long as you upload them to some web-site shortly afterwards.
matthews_world

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do just about any computer activity in a PC bang.

Most hard drives have the USB port so you can download pics and get Mp3's.

Yes, make sure you save your images on a website like Yahoo! Briefcase.
[url]briefcase.yahoo.com[/url]

I haven't figured out where to find Microsoft Office applications on PC bang computers, however.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rules really, but if you can't access the back of the computer, you can't use that PC.

Do save everything you have onto a website. You can often come back to the same computer in many PC bangs for about 1 or 2 weeks and find your files, but they're regularly cleaned out.
The Lemon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked permission before to get at the USB jacks in the back (it's much better if the computer has them in the front too) and it's never been a problem. They always seem surprised that I'm even asking - like, go ahead and do what you want.

Still, I think it's better to ask. Just bring driver disks, or know where you can download them from. Many places are still Windows 98, so you'll likely need to install some sort of driver. Automatic installation came later, with ME and XP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: