Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how much should a health club cost and what should I look fo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: how much should a health club cost and what should I look fo Reply with quote

OK I've decided to take this workout stuff a little bit more seriously (the wife has been getting me to go to the gym on campus for about a month now, I did have a bit of a gut on me as you could tell at the last bash Embarassed ) I'm getting tired of working out on campus, sweating it up around my students and so-so facillities (2 bikes, small weight machines, no showers etc) so I'm looking for a health club.

How much should I be paying and what should I be looking for? Went to one near our other campus in town today and it looked pretty good and its fairly new, lots of equipment treadmills, bikes, weight machines. It even has a small driving range, aerobics studios, squash courts, yoga, suana etc. For a health club membership its 120,000 for 3 months if you want add squash, golf, aeorbics etc those double the cost.

please workout freaks help me!!!
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In seoul the average price is 50,000 to 60,000 won per month for just machines/bicycles/traedmills. The other stuff I'm not sure about. so it seems like a good deal to me here.

just down the road from me is a place that charges 40/month or 100 for three months, but that is unusual.
captain kirk

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this 'workout freak' (haha) goes to a gym which costs 150,000 per three month chunk. it is called 'technogym', and the machines are made in Italy (isn't that something!). it is BRILLIANTLY lit with a spot light in the ceiling every two meters! which is good for perking up after work and into the gym. it has a steam room off of the showers. I'm happy. At least my shoulders are wider than my gut now, though the gut remains. Tucked in the shadows of my oak-hewn physique, haha. best of luck!, signed 'out of all proportion; a geek'.(what about the stress busting effects of gym attendance, as well as gut busting. to focus entirely on the gym it's necessary to leave the day at work IN THE DUST ie. don't sweat the small stuff;it's all small stuff. it's not 'til the gym that i'm forced to throw those 'chunks' off).
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to a little local gym in my neighborhood for 55,000 a month. There's just one guy that works there, but he helps out with all the equipment and exercises. I would just look for a place that has good members and helpful staff for a good price.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll all probably have discounts for multi-month sign-ons. My gym has a big reduction if you sign on for a year, but yea. It's a year.

Just make sure the gym's nice, check out the facilities.

Gotta start goin' back to gym, myself... -_-
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked into my local gym the other day, well i presumed from the large posters of Arnie in his Mr Universe days that it was a gym, and they had not idea what I meant when i asked about joining it. Even when i looked up the words join, member, etc, in my trusty english/korean dict. What was up with that? Maybe they only have casual things, though it doesn't make sense. It was 3000 won for a go.
Marathe

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's 120,000 for three months
but its small - one of each machine 3 bikes and 3 treadmills.

I don't know if i'll be invited to renew my membership: i broke a machine there today. Cursed cheaply made cables on long pull machines.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks folks for all the help. Think we'll join this new club near our other campus when we get back from vacation in late July. Price seems right, facillities look great, just not many members yet since it is brand new but it should grow considering the location on the main road to the airport and near Sangmu ji-gu.

Bad news is for the next month I'm stuck using the campus gym fighting for the 1 bike I can adjust the seat on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: