Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone from the UK? i need advice about storage service...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazel03

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: anyone from the UK? i need advice about storage service... Reply with quote

hello,

i am an international student studying in the UK. as i'm taking a year out before my final year to do a one-year volunteering project in South Korea, i will have to find an affordable way to store my belongings in the UK until i come back to do my final year. please could anyone tell me where to get affordable storage service? i'm in the West Midlands... a small place called Coventry.

thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Squaffy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazel - look in the 'Yellow Pages' directory.

S for Storage Rolling Eyes

*sigh*
Anda

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

Squaffy at a guess Hazel has already done this and is still suffering from the cost.
Storage adds up quick like. I have a little storage shed and it costs me $1,800 Australian a year now. If I sold what I have in storage it would come nowhere near what it has cost me since I've been in Korea.
Hazel unless you have friends that will store for you then I doubt that you will find much price differance in storage costs. Look around as the shed size reflects the storage cost so only hire the space you need.
hazel03

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Anda,

you are right. i have already checked the Yellow Pages, but as i've just been to the UK for 8 months, i was wondering if there are more affordable alternatives. otherwise, perhaps it would cost less if i just throw them away and buy new ones when i come back (but it sounds like a waste coz the stuff is very new)...

i have considered asking for friends' help. most of my friends here come from different countries and they would have left England before i complete my volunteering project in South Korea. as for the local ones, they live quite far from where i study, so it looks too much of a trouble to them if i ask for their help.

i also asked my university as there are friends studying at other UK universities who say some universities may have storage service for their international students. unfortunately, there is no such thing in where i study. i was once told a university hall here offer storage services, but when i checked with the international office and the accommodation office, they both said no. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Squaffy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazel - get ur life in order - either sell it, store it or give it away. Stop moaning my dear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: