Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice before I commit...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krats1976

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for posting and answering questions. I appreciate the advice. I'm going through a recruiter and I'm going to email him today and tell him I want to go. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions when I get offered a contract.

kratz...

By the way...What's EPIK?
Slinky

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: r.e. Contract help Reply with quote

A fab suggestion is one I haven't seen here yet and that's ... the contract is only legally binding if it's written in Korean!! So you have to get an English copy and a Korean copy. Difficult to check if you can't read Korean of course - and that's where I got screwed by an ex boss!! TAKE NOTE!
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Advice before I commit... Reply with quote

krats1976 wrote:
I'm a history teacher in the States and I am just about to commit to coming to Korea to teach. Before I do, I'd like some advice. What should I be looking for in a contract? I hear a lot about kindergarden... is this something I should avoid? Any advice would be much appreciated!

You know, I dreaded reading this thread-did anybody else? I thought it was a suicide plea for help/
waterbaby

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: r.e. Contract help Reply with quote

Slinky wrote:
A fab suggestion is one I haven't seen here yet and that's ... the contract is only legally binding if it's written in Korean!! So you have to get an English copy and a Korean copy. Difficult to check if you can't read Korean of course - and that's where I got screwed by an ex boss!! TAKE NOTE!

Note: Every contract I've ever seen says that when the contract is in dispute, the English version prevails over the Korean contract. Just make sure your contract says this and you should have 2 legs to stand on in front of the Labour Board.

PS - Good one The Man Known as a Man hehehe Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: